• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Rampant Post Whoring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that it's completely obvious you all are referring to me, I have decided to reply.

I had no idea I was being a nuisance on this site. I want everyone to know I was only trying to fit in with you guys, I looked up to y'all. I wanted to learn about Oakley's and share my experiences, but it looks like I went too far. I just wish you would have told me about it instead of complaining on this thread, it would have been more professional in my opinion.

So regarding all that, I have asked Oakleyboss to go ahead and remove my profile from the site. Again, i'm sorry. I didn't realize people were so effected by posts on an internet forum, but I am new so I guess I don't really know. I wish you all the best and hope I haven't angered or offended anyone too much.

-Jason

I think there should be a "not like" button :mad:

I don't think it's right that this conversation has gotten as far as it has for Jason to have to feel this way and now asked to be removed. What is up with that? I understand that considering where he is this place gives him something that feels like home and something to look forward to when he is able to be here. But getting it to the point that he has been chased away? Not right at all.

Jason, I would think you would reconsider and stay but if you leave I do wish you the best and hope you do not lose that great attitude you have.

:(

Now that it's completely obvious you all are referring to me, I have decided to reply. I had no idea I was being a nuisance on this site. I want everyone to know I was only trying to fit in with you guys, I looked up to y'all. I wanted to learn about Oakley's and share my experiences, but it looks like I went too far. I just wish you would have told me about it instead of complaining on this thread, it would have been more professional in my opinion. So regarding all that, I have asked Oakleyboss to go ahead and remove my profile from the site. Again, i'm sorry. I didn't realize people were so effected by posts on an internet forum, but I am new so I guess I don't really know. I wish you all the best and hope I haven't angered or offended anyone too much.

I wouldn't worry about it mate, only one person seems to be bothered and he's also relatively new with a large post count, which makes the complaint a bit bizarre.

I think this discussion has gone far enough. The point has been debated, and now that it has gotten to the point where members are being called out, I think its time to end this discussion. As I said earlier, we are not going to enforce any "Post whoring" rules. There is no way to determine what is a "Good post" from a "Bad post". If you have an issue with shorter posts, then simply skip over them easy enough.

How many posts a member has in a number of days does not tell you the quality of posts. Some members post fast, some post slow, it is all determined by the type of writer you are, the amount of time you spend on the board etc.

If anyone has any issues, please feel free to PM Me.

OakleyBoss

I'm willing to bet almost every person on this forum has made a post without much substance to it, whether it be an LOL or GLWS. I don't see anything wrong with that. Hell, it's even a free "bump" in the exchange section. I could see it getting a little frustrating if a member does that on every single thread just to boost post count. But there's no reason to chase folks off the forum. This should be a good place for folks to come "hang out" and talk to other Oakley enthusiasts and get good advice and make exchanges. I've been a member of many different forums over the years and I'd have to say that this forum is better than most as far as the quality of posts and the camaraderie among the members is great. There is so much useful information shared here and I'm glad to be a part of it. I just hate to see folks singled out and feel like they should leave. Let's all be nice to each other. We all joined for a reason, and that was to share our passion for all things Oakley. Let's focus on that shall we? :party:

Okay Everyone calm down this is a Forum where people are Free to post and Comment about all Oakley stuff that meant encouraging, asking and learning more about Oakley products. If people have a problem with people posting too much or replying to people's threads then Ur spending too much time on the Forum step away for a bit like Atrain said. Everyone is Entitled to their own opinions but it Does Not reflect everyone's thoughts here on the Forum to me the more U post, reply, ask questions, or start threads just means Ur excited about Oakley and want to learn more about it and other Collectors and that's all it should be here.

Now that it's completely obvious you all are referring to me, I have decided to reply.

I had no idea I was being a nuisance on this site. I want everyone to know I was only trying to fit in with you guys, I looked up to y'all. I wanted to learn about Oakley's and share my experiences, but it looks like I went too far. I just wish you would have told me about it instead of complaining on this thread, it would have been more professional in my opinion.

So regarding all that, I have asked Oakleyboss to go ahead and remove my profile from the site. Again, i'm sorry. I didn't realize people were so effected by posts on an internet forum, but I am new so I guess I don't really know. I wish you all the best and hope I haven't angered or offended anyone too much.

-Jason

I don't know what that guy was thinking when he posted that. He should be ashamed calling out someone like that. Hensley, you should stay, no need to leave the forum cause some guy was complaining and acting like a girl. Knocking on a Service Member, who is overseas, is not right in any circumstances. Credit to you for joining the US Military during a time of war also. Not many people will do that, and it is to be commended, even if it is the Air Force:D You are a part of the 1% club, so that is something to be proud of.

I hope this continues to be a great outlet for you, especially while you are overseas. I hope you accept my apologies and continue to be a member here. All members are valuable, and no one is better than anyone else. We are all here to help someone who wants to learn, and laugh with someone who is just browsing. That included me too for I am no one special. -
--humbled brother

-Jason

Jason just needs another hobby besides Oakley watches haha. Give me my Hollow Point back :)

I am a non-high volume poster

However this forum would be very boring if everyone was parnoid that there post was relevant to the thread or posted the amount Ii do. I mean look at how much crap we give rightcoastnj about buying a ring. There are some people on this forum who I don't care about what they post so you know what I don't click on that thread when I see they have posted. Sometimes the slightly off topic post gets a good discussion going and provides more info for people.

The only thing that bothers me is when someone is a brand new member and their first 5 posts are the same i want to buy in 5 diffrent threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back