• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Random in-person offer for the pair you're wearing

SpliceD

Pronounced, "Spliced"
Los Angeles, CA
I was out Trick or Treating with my kids at a local mall yesterday and i happened to walk into the O-store to check out some of the new stuff. As i walked out, there was a guy chatting with one of the employees and he saw my 1st gen (J serial) X-metal/BI Juilets on my head. He asked me how long i've had them and promptly asked, "How much you want for them?" I smiled and said they weren't for sale, but he pushed and said he had cash on him. I again politely said they weren't for sale and thanked him as i walked away.

I kinda wished i had at least entertained an offer from him to see what he would pay, but i'm sure he would've lowballed me at $100 or something.

Anyone else ever been in this situation? What were you wearing, did they offer a decent amount, and did you take it?

Sorry if this topic has been brought up before. I did a quick search and didn't see anything. I've been MIA for a while and thought i'd try to pick it up again :)

Bahaha I have gotten asked that for several of my pairs while I am working. I work at a Vault here in Texas. I own several hard to come by artist series. Today I actually wore my all gold Shaun white Holbrook AKA "Goldbrook". The gentleman asked how much for them and just to get him to screw off I told him $1500. When I collect something, especially lately, it doesn't leave my collection because of their rarity level. He laughed at my price and I proceeded to tell him I was dead serious lol I've sold pairs in the past but I am now down to pairs that are too valuable to me to let go.

I have one....A few weeks ago I was at the O-store here in Novi, MI and there was this new store manager who transferred from Florida. I was flaunting the XS with Emeralds and he wanted them. He has been wanting the Xmetals since the last 3 years when he actually came to know that they existed. Cool kid!! But am not ready to part with any of my metals yet....

I was out Trick or Treating with my kids at a local mall yesterday and i happened to walk into the O-store to check out some of the new stuff. As i walked out, there was a guy chatting with one of the employees and he saw my 1st gen (J serial) X-metal/BI Juilets on my head. He asked me how long i've had them and promptly asked, "How much you want for them?" I smiled and said they weren't for sale, but he pushed and said he had cash on him. I again politely said they weren't for sale and thanked him as i walked away.

I kinda wished i had at least entertained an offer from him to see what he would pay, but i'm sure he would've lowballed me at $100 or something.

Anyone else ever been in this situation? What were you wearing, did they offer a decent amount, and did you take it?

Sorry if this topic has been brought up before. I did a quick search and didn't see anything. I've been MIA for a while and thought i'd try to pick it up again :)

I bought a pair of Penny that way when I had stopped for a soda before I went to HQ one day. Got them for my first offer of $150

Bahaha I have gotten asked that for several of my pairs while I am working. I work at a Vault here in Texas. I own several hard to come by artist series. Today I actually wore my all gold Shaun white Holbrook AKA "Goldbrook". The gentleman asked how much for them and just to get him to screw off I told him $1500. When I collect something, especially lately, it doesn't leave my collection because of their rarity level. He laughed at my price and I proceeded to tell him I was dead serious lol I've sold pairs in the past but I am now down to pairs that are too valuable to me to let go.

Im sure he did laugh

Once had an O store manager offer me any pair in the store for my X Squared. I told him he was nuts.

I've offered to buy X's. Was a polished set but he wanted 500. Incomplete and not mint

Back