• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Random question: did your interest in Oakley's/sunglasses make you notice facial asymmetry?

Ventruck

I am Jim Jannard...
If any?

Before I used Oakley glasses, I would fiddle with adjustable nosepads thinking a frame or something came out the box off center.

The more "fixed"/non-adjustable setup of my Oakley pairs kinda boldfaced the point: it's not my glasses (2-for-2 on the same frame style at that), it's my face. Seems my nose is off to the left, or my ears line up funny to make it so. Nothing that bothers my self esteem, and sure as hell nothing to get surgery over (Is this why nose jobs supposedly are more common?). Just like, huh, I didn't realize that until then.

Yep, one of my ears is slightly lower than the other and I have the same issue. I just had to find styles that fit my particular face shape the best.

You know what they say....nobodys perfect.....;)

I find that Oakleys fit my face quite perfectly......almost like they were specifically made just for me........I do know that my face is far from symmetrical

I dont know about imperfections but I deff learned what shape of face I have, and how many different shapes in faces there are .And what sunglasses fit with each.

ive learned that i have one ear lower than the other; that although my head is called very large by most people (and backed up by my hat size) that my non pudgy face apparently makes most glasses fit very large on me. it seems that being 6 foot 5 inches and a nice lean 195 carries up into my face so that todays "smaller" frames (Crankcase, New Straight Jacket) and yesteryears roughly medium frames (Juliet, Splice, Monster Pup) are what fit me best and what i like best because, like my clothing, i like a trim just right fit. oh....and apparently hiding my thinning hair by going shaved not only scares off most women, it scares off most shades LMAO

When i smile my right cheek hits the frame before the left, which pisses me off. So i try adjust my nosepads and then I go around asking friends if my sunglasses look straight or is it my face that is contorted

Back