• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Rare Frogskin question (sunglass hut)

Sounds like the black light collection.

Posting a pic will help to identify them as well.

My girl bought me some frogskins back in the day and I don’t wear them anymore and I was curious what they are worth. They are the neon orange and blue ones that were a sunglass hit exclusive
Model 24-354

Not the blacklight collection but close. The sunglass hut exclusive blacklight collection. They all came with different polar lenses and a different sku..I always preferred the fire version from O stores. Unfortunately none are rare. Just a common everyday run of the mill froggie..without a box yeah prob 80US tops. You have to have a collaboration frog or some sort of limited release to fetch any real money.. I've since decided to hang onto most of my super rares for now. It ain't worth selling any frogs at the moment. They will go up again as soon as luxottica stops beating the frame to death with new lame releases..

The fire version was just better..
Screenshot_20190422-035444_Chrome.jpg

This is the blacklight collection in its entirety from Oakley stores. I'll find the SGH ones..I actually still have all of them because I have a big framed magnetic poster of the series. It was a fun one but marked the downfall of the limited 3k releases. Once they started doing colors like this it sorta was easy to find any frog anywhere. I liked it far better when you had to hunt for colorways. Stores would only receive like 2 or 3 pairs normally. It was a time where frogskins were in such demand you had to buy multiple pairs of the same colorway in hope of trading someone who.had done the same with another colorway.. all the early stuff like the

Matte white with gold
Matte red with grey
Polished clear with gold
Polsined clear with violet
Polished white with ruby
Matte clear with grey
Matte black with ruby

Etc. All those pairs were next to impossible to get ahold of and they only made 3000.of each.. it was a much cooler time for frogs. Especially the supremes and other ideas like the Andrew Petterson series.

oakley-blacklight-frogskins.jpg

Sorry I ramble sometimes with frogs lol..

Back