• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sold Rare Oakley Flight Deck Helmet & A-Frame Assault Fan Goggle

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Username Hidden

SOLD SOLD SOLD!

Hello all. For your consideration, I’m putting a combo of one of my favorite displays up for sale...

Oakley Flight Deck Helmet SKU: 91144-323, along with a matching
Oakley A-Frame Assault Fan Goggle SKU: 11-016

Is this a good time for sales? A bad time for sales? I have no idea. This is the really cool, super-rare, old-school Oakley helmet you know you want. It came out in the fall of 2005, a total of 1000 were proposed, but it’s thought that only 150 may have actually been produced. I love it, I see it every day, but feel that it’s time for me to set it free to another collector.

Taken from O-Review: “Integrated audio with built-in 30mm speakers, 16Hz to 20kHz frequency response, five-foot cord with gold plated L-shaped mini stereo jack for plugging in your media player, micro fleece lining, closed foam backing on polycarbonate shell, and leather trim.”

I purchased both from Ebay many years ago. They’ve been displayed on my Bob Torso on the little landing in my upstairs stairway. There’s even some pics of my setup in an old thread somewhere here on the Forum.

Flight Deck Helmet Details:
- Has it been used? Sure, it’s been on Bob’s head for a few years, and on my head for a few minutes, never beyond that.
- Is it clean? Very clean, there could be a little dust on it, it’s sat out in the open, I’ve only gently dusted with a Swiffer.
- Is it faded? I suppose it’s possible, but I don’t believe so and there’s no signs of that. It’s never been in direct sunlight.
- Is it dinged or scratched up? Not at all, the plastic panels look great, and have never been detached.
- Speakers working? Yes, just verified prior to this post.
- Is a bag included? Yes, there’s the original fleece bag included, w/ ‘O’s on the drawstring.
- Any other tags? No, there are no other tags, I actually don’t know if there were tags originally, but there are none now.
- Is the original box included? Yes, but it came to me with a 2” tear on the short side. And there’s some creasing on the front. The box was put away in a cabinet and I’ve never attempted to repair. It still displays very well.

A-Frame Assault Fan Goggle Details:
- Are these mint-perfect? No. Consider them used, but they were only displayed while in my custody. I believe they have a VR28 lens, it isn’t scratched, but there are a few minor scuffs. The foam seems a little aged in areas.
- Does the fan work? Yes, just verified prior to posting. However, it sometimes seems a little sluggish to get started.
- Any other tags or box? No. But paired with the Flight Deck Helmet on a Bob Head… the two look great together!

Please review the pics carefully. If you’d like to see any other pics please let me know. Know that my pics are restricted to the capabilities of my iPhone, I cannot shoot in macro, nor do I have a professional lightbox.

After doing much research, I’ve found that there really isn’t an abundance of current, previously-sold examples. So, going by past trends, the rarity of the pieces and my love for them, my price to release it into your hands, is SOLD SOLD SOLD! I understand it’s a high-priced item, it clearly isn’t for everybody, but if you’re interested, please PM me. I am not desperate to sell, won’t separate them, and no trades thank you. Payment to be made via Paypal in US dollars, and INCLUDES shipping to United States or Canada. My apologies, but I’m unwilling to send outside of the US or Canada, the fees are just too high. It will be shipped with tracking from my location in Ontario, Canada.

Any questions please let me know, I'll get back to you just as soon as I can, thanks

IMG_5537.JPG
IMG_5538.JPG
IMG_5524.JPG
IMG_5528.JPG IMG_5529.JPG IMG_5531.JPG IMG_5534.JPG IMG_5535.JPG IMG_5536.JPG IMG_5543.JPG IMG_5544.JPG IMG_5541.JPG IMG_5542.JPG IMG_5525.JPG IMG_5526.JPG

Last edited:
Some people reacted to this post.
Pm

This belongs in the Museum! :-! Pm sent.

That looks amazing bro! GLWS!

That's a bargain! Those are really hard to come by.

dam did i miss this how much did they go for :(

Username Hidden said:
dam did i miss this how much did they go for :(
$900 was listed.

SOLD - Thanks for everyone's interest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back