• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ray-Ban signs a sponsorship agreement with Ferrari

Linegear Japan

X-Metal Professional
Platinum Forum Sponsor
Premium Member
Lifetime Sponsor
Japan
Article:
7 Jul 2016

Ferrari N.V. (NYSE/MTA: RACE) announces that Ferrari and Luxottica Group have signed a sponsorship agreement based on which the Ray-Ban brand will appear on the SF16-H Formula One cars, starting from the next Formula One race, the British Grand Prix in Silverstone.

Mr. Sergio Marchionne, Chairman and CEO of Ferrari, commented: “Adding another prestigious brand like Ray-Ban to our livery is very gratifying for Scuderia Ferrari. This new agreement strengthens the ties between Ferrari and Luxottica, two major Italian companies with shared principles and values that are both continuously striving for excellence. I am sure that this new partnership will be satisfactory for both companies and give the team an extra boost to strive for more”.
------------

Our input:
1. It looks like we won't see Ferrari edition in Oakley sunglasses line. This might also mean, the current Ferrari editions might be grabbed. Or we might "consider" enlarge the forum to add Ray-Ban Ferrari edition, lol ?

2. It might signaling Lux try to push Ray-Ban into a new market.

Via: Mr. Spencer.

Source for article: Ray-Ban signs a sponsorship agreement with Ferrari

Source from 2015, for re-organization of Oakley. Luxottica Q1 profit surges as North American sales rise

Well like most things in this world, when I was growing up we had the best toys, gi joe and transformers that were made with quality, now a days they plane suck! Oakley under Jim made the best Oakley Glasses, I don't think Under Lux Oakley will ever make anything better then the original X-metal line, there are a few new pairs that are ok, but nothing like the old days :blush:

Lux is slowly killing Oakley...
It looks like they try to maximize profit, but might not killing Oakley since they bought it in $BN and still ripe profit from this brand,... your point may be they focus too much on profit therefore less focus on the aesthetic of X-metal.

Just a similar story on The classic Land Rover model, much loved by Daisuke for the last 20 years, it too they stopped the production since Jan 2016 and let me quote "Jaguar Land Rover's got to make money and use the latest technology rather than build something for that minority.". (The last Defender: Is Land Rover's off-road heyday over? - BBC News )

[...]
Our input:
1. It looks like we won't see Ferrari edition in Oakley sunglasses line. This might also mean, the current Ferrari editions might be grabbed. Or we might "consider" enlarge the forum to add Ray-Ban Ferrari edition, lol ?
[...]
I'm not so sure that this announcement implies anything about the relationship between Ferrari and Oakley. After all, during all the years that Ferrari has put their branding on Oakley sunglasses, Ferrari has also put their branding on non-Oakley sunglasses. Check out the store in any Ferrari dealership or the online store at Ferrari's website and you will see both Oakley and non-Oakley glasses carrying Ferrari branding.
Furthermore, the quote attributed to Sergio Marchionne specifically states that Ray-Ban is being "added" to Ferrari's selection of branded sunglasses, not that it is 'replacing' Ferrari's current lineup of glasses.
Finally, it seems like it would make sense to add Ray-Ban as a well-known brand of casual sunglasses to complement the line of sport glasses from Oakley.
Time will tell ...

:lol:

Well like most things in this world, when I was growing up we had the best toys, gi joe and transformers that were made with quality, now a days they plane suck! Oakley under Jim made the best Oakley Glasses, I don't think Under Lux Oakley will ever make anything better then the original X-metal line, there are a few new pairs that are ok, but nothing like the old days :blush:

We all love something classic, old days provide a comfort of "heritage". But to be honest, the quality of current Mad & Bad, make us question "Is this what we got, Lux?" We want to cry out so loud, even with a survey result, so that Lux hear all the voices of X-metal fan.

The result from the recent online survey on the new x-metal.png

We all love something classic, old days provide a comfort of "heritage". But to be honest, the quality of current Mad & Bad, make us question "Is this what we got, Lux?" We want to cry out so loud, even with a survey result, so that Lux hear all the voices of X-metal fan.

View attachment 261305
Yeah, the soulless, heartless soul of a corporation has taken over. Basically, enjoy your old school goodies, get with the program with the new school stuff, or GTFO. It is a pity, but it is what it is.

Sent from Q's Note5

Latest Posts

Back