• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Reading This Ebay Listing Made Me Cringe

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be curious to know if his IP matches any other members. Kind of odd to join here and go off on people, but then know about Xman's services.

Oh well.

I'd be curious to know if his IP matches any other members. Kind of odd to join here and go off on people, but then know about Xman's services.

Oh well.

Probably been lurking for a while without actually joining and participating, until we set him off. Had he joined earlier and maybe shared what he was doing in the DIY/modding thread or something, we'd be supporting him instead of making fun. We only make fun of those outside the community, right?

Still, $1000?!?!? And it's being listed before the work's even finished? WTF?

BTW creating multiple accounts is a big no-no in the forum rules; I doubt it's another member having a joke...

I don't know, I don't think they're all that bad for a $50 scratched up pair of Juliet's that the seller bought used off a cop from a crime scene, then polished and anodized in a garage. Of course, I'm sure you're all familiar with how the rivets bend when these glasses are in a motorcycle wreck, and I'm sure you've all done tons of machining on Ti alloys, so you know that you have to use Cobalt drill bits to ream and bore out the holes. Really specific speeds and feed rates.

Oh wait, you all just send yours to X-man and let him do the work.

"Welcome to the forum!"

*******s.
Don't pretend to know things you don't know.

If you'd like to hang around, welcome. If you'd like to continue trying to polish turds and get offended when people say they look like polished turds... well I can't help you.

I don't know, I don't think they're all that bad for a $50 scratched up pair of Juliet's that the seller bought used off a cop from a crime scene, then polished and anodized in a garage. Of course, I'm sure you're all familiar with how the rivets bend when these glasses are in a motorcycle wreck, and I'm sure you've all done tons of machining on Ti alloys, so you know that you have to use Cobalt drill bits to ream and bore out the holes. Really specific speeds and feed rates.

Oh wait, you all just send yours to X-man and let him do the work.

"Welcome to the forum!"

*******s.
You know who else picks bloody pieces of things off the dead or nearly dead? Vultures. Also, it seems that in society, when you try to take something that isn't worth nearly that and gouge someone else for a higher price, you're also considered a Vulture. Well, congratz to that Mr. Manly man, but you're nothing but a vulture.

You know who else picks bloody pieces of things off the dead or not dead? Vultures.

I was thinking, after hearing these details, that the ebay listing needed full disclosure instead of "long story short"...

"Warning - glasses might be haunted"

or

"despite my best efforts, DNA residue may still remain"...

If this was closer to a reasonable price, and some "Manly" man came along with a scumbag story like that... I'd go hit buy it now, ensure I got everything I wanted, then thanks to the shadiness of the auction, turn around and file a claim from ebay. There's a reason we're not allowed to take war trophies in combat. It's absolutely deplorable and dishonorable. To be proud of that is sickening. "WOO, I GOT A DEAL, ONLY HAD TO POLISH UP SOME BLOOD, I'M THE MAN!". GTFO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back