• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ready For Oakley Google Glasses?

They would be perfect for a new line of Zero....
:eek: NO! Please do not continue the evolution of the Zero line like that, makes me cry inside a little just thinking about it. On a serious note, based on the current Google design and what's in the line-up for Oakley, I could see the M2 or the Carbon Blade making a starting point in this new venture.

I'd like it for cycling as a GPS and data logger, maybe even a traffic safety tool. But in a casual environment I'm one of those grumps. I mean really, imagine meeting someone in person while they're wearing a pair. Are they on the internet? Are they recording? Are they showing off?

Decent people would just take them off in conversation, but you don't exactly take $1500+ off your face repeatedly.

Fear is natural when faced with new or foreign things. In just a few years you won't think twice.

Plus now you could read a text without ever breaking eye contact in a conversation. Better than a bunch of idiots walking around looking down instead of forward.

Google Glass XE is available for public purchase for a limited time...

Glass

$1,500... which begs a comparison... would you rather have an Aluminum C-Six or a Google Glass XE? (the answer is obv to me...)

I saw it this weekend and honestly even though it seems like a cool thing it really is just in my opinion a little too bulky.
I was watching the guy do stuff with it though....he was swiping and double tapping the stem like he was using a mouse pad but I doubt I could ever wear something like that.

I saw it this weekend and honestly even though it seems like a cool thing it really is just in my opinion a little too bulky.
I was watching the guy do stuff with it though....he was swiping and double tapping the stem like he was using a mouse pad but I doubt I could ever wear something like that.

I agree with everything you said! It's still for the earliest adopters only. I'd like to use it for a week just to have the experience... that's not worth the price of entry to me...

Once they figure out how to patch live video, add a laser designator, and overlay a targeting hud from the drone on station over my house, I'm in...;)

Back