• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Real FERRARI Carbon Blades?

I got 4 pairs....one backup for myself, and 3 for my nephews.

I got the same 2+ more weeks mentioning a delay in the "production process".

They did remind me I could change my glasses....whatever that means, doesn't that just mean cancel the order and order something else? Why would I do that? I'm going to hold out a bit but don't appreciate that I have to contact them after their timeframe ends each time. Don't trust them.

If told them the same.....in this case, they probably are not out a lot of money if we cancel our orders. My last order....I was getting constant updates. I even told them they should contact customers with orders and let them know. They do have black in stock....I don't want to, but perhaps they will send black BIP in place if that will work for you. I have the black ones and they are nice....frame is not a high polish carbon finish, more of a matte like finish. I still prefer the Ferrari.

Harry

just received an update from otticanet; order put back until mid november.... i will wait for one more update before changing/cancelling my order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

just received an update from otticanet; order put back until mid november.... i will wait for one more update before changing/cancelling my order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got the same. They pulled this $hit on my last order as well....but they did come through. I just sent them an email and told them that they did this to my last order as well and for them to upgrade my shipping to next day FedEx. I didn't hear back.....Im Getting the feeling that they want some of us to cancel. Even though the message says "will back in stock for sure".....I guess it's worth the hassle. $122 a pair.....eh.....

Harry

I think you are right. But it was "mispriced" for a very long time

For WELL over a month. I found one vendor on line that was willing to sell me a pair for $139 because they had a "match and beat / low price guarantee". At first...they tried to tell me the site was a scam and there is no way they can sell them for that low of a price. 2 days later, they got back to me and said that the price was so low because Oakley is having a hard tell selling the Red/Ferrari version. But when I asked how come they were out of stock on Oakley.com if they are having trouble selling them....they didn't have a response. I simply told them that they are false advertising if they don't beat the $140 price. So they agreed to sell me a pair for $139....however, since I have never done business with them in the past and since they do not take PayPal....I passed.

The first letter I got from them said that they might offer to send me a different color depending what they have in stock.

For those of you debating on cancelling your orders....would you consider asking them to send you BIP or Prizm instead since they have those in stock? BIP is $390 and Prizm is $400. I wonder if they will send those in place of the Ruby/Ferrari ones?? What do you guys think?

Harry

Received this today getting a bit of a joke now

Dear Steve,

I write you again with reference to the manufacturer delay for your glasses.

Unfortunately there is a huge demand for this model and the manufacturer has some delays as far as the production is concerned.
We know that it is annoying, but this model is one of our best sellers of the moment and its success has been unexpected.

However, the manufacturer is not able to give us an exact date, but we will wait at least by mid December.

We understand that it is a long waiting time and we apologize once again for that, we would like to offer you 5% off if you can still wait.

Kind regards,
Rita
Otticanet

Got the same email......but it didn't mention December of a discount.

I sent a PM and asked if they could send me a different color. They said yes, as long as I pay the difference in price. I told her that the other colors are cheaper.....than said they would review it and send me an email.

At this point, it's clear that they want those of us with these glasses on order to cancel. Not sure if I'm going to wait longer or try and get them in a different color. Never doing business with them again...