• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Real or Fake Juliet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oakleyfan09

Oakley Beginner
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Thinking about purchasing these Juliets. I am not as familiar as some of you with spotting a fake. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

real, the fakes have screws at the nosebridges and other hinge ends

From what I personally saw,the best fake juliets can be distinguished by:
- Nose bridge has screws instead of rivets (as stated by Joerggroh above)
-The earstem end tip is bent (as stated by Joerggroh above)
-The earsock rubber is loose, (overall poor quality)
- Most of the time, the standard color combination is wrong.
- In cases there are SKU#s, it is the same for all colorways and most likely it is wrong.
-The lens always has a "POLARIZED" etching, the etching is good but the lens sometimes has an overall poor quality.
-The torx screw of the orbitals is wrong size, it should be T6.
- Has poor quality rubbers gaskets.
-When the unit has a box, most of the time it will say Plasma frame and black iridium lens, the coin will look very like as the original except the surface finish of the original is better,
the box will have warranty papers inside and oakley card that is like an ATM card. Oh..the box look good too.
-The pouch usually is black and most of the time has the "genuine oakley" tag, looks like original on some fakes I saw, but there will always be a square shaped wiper cloth with poorly made oakley name or logo.
- It won't have spare nose bombs and temple shox.
- It feels heavy, but I did not actually able to weigh it.

Unfortunately in the Philippines there are lots of fake Oakleys coming from nearby countries, and some are good copies but we are still blessed because X-Metal fakes has some features to differentiate them from originals. The challenge is more on the plastics model of Oakley, the fakes are better on those models.

From what I personally saw,the best fake juliets can be distinguished by:
- Nose bridge has screws instead of rivets (as stated by Joerggroh above)
-The earstem end tip is bent (as stated by Joerggroh above)
-The earsock rubber is loose, (overall poor quality)
- Most of the time, the standard color combination is wrong.
- In cases there are SKU#s, it is the same for all colorways and most likely it is wrong.
-The lens always has a "POLARIZED" etching, the etching is good but the lens sometimes has an overall poor quality.
-The torx screw of the orbitals is wrong size, it should be T6.
- Has poor quality rubbers gaskets.
-When the unit has a box, most of the time it will say Plasma frame and black iridium lens, the coin will look very like as the original except the surface finish of the original is better,
the box will have warranty papers inside and oakley card that is like an ATM card. Oh..the box look good too.
-The pouch usually is black and most of the time has the "genuine oakley" tag, looks like original on some fakes I saw, but there will always be a square shaped wiper cloth with poorly made oakley name or logo.
- It won't have spare nose bombs and temple shox.
- It feels heavy, but I did not actually able to weigh it.

Unfortunately in the Philippines there are lots of fake Oakleys coming from nearby countries, and some are good copies but we are still blessed because X-Metal fakes has some features to differentiate them from originals. The challenge is more on the plastics model of Oakley, the fakes are better on those models.

Also the hinges often have hex screws instead of torx, and the screwheads are not recessed, as well as the orbital "break" is simulated and / or at the wrong angle. If you're able to put them side-by-side with a real pair, you'll see the orbital shape is off a bit, too.

Also the hinges often have hex screws instead of torx, and the screwheads are not recessed, as well as the orbital "break" is simulated and / or at the wrong angle. If you're able to put them side-by-side with a real pair, you'll see the orbital shape is off a bit, too.

Thanks for pointing out the orbital shape sir, I personally never able to put a fake and the legit side by side so that information is very helpful.
Also I like to take the opportunity to point out (albeit OT) that in x-metal penny, the orbital is bigger and the legit penny lens will not fit and obviously smaller than the fakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back