• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Real or fake MM?

Teej

Oakley Beginner
I've been considering one of these for a while and have read all the stuff and comparison pictures. And this one seemed worn, but still passed what I was looking for as far as a fake. Anybody see anything to think otherwise?

I've been considering one of these for a while and have read all the stuff and comparison pictures. And this one seemed worn, but still passed what I was looking for as far as a fake. Anybody see anything to think otherwise?

Its harder to tell since ut was customized. When in doubt, just pass.

I can't speak to authenticity - but I would advise a pass on this one, same as @Hed568

There are nicks to the main crystal, there are parts of the band that aren't even customized (check the clasp attaching links), the custom finish is scratched and defaced in several places....and speaking of customization......the customization is done by who? It will last how long? The customizers level of experience to open up, dissemble, and reassemble the watch is?

You joined this forum, thats the best place to get a Minute Machine or Time Tank. You will get the best price, and will know its legit.

I see it looks to be coated, but what would customization change or cover up that would make it harder to tell if it's real?

Hmmm.. I hadn't thought about the disassembly/reassembly part.

I do appreciate the opinions and insight, and yes, that is one of the reasons I joined the forum. I just also know that I want something I'll wear daily and not worry about. All my watches end up scratched. I kinda need a 'beater' version.

Im swaying towards legit, but its definatley had use. The customs not my taste. Needed to be cheaper then worth a punt and return if fake on arrival. As it happens,,, pass as it stands.

There are some good threads that detail specific items to look for in the counterfeit search.

I can’t find them off hand, but they are here :)

Yeah. I’ve seen a lot of those threads I was just wondering about the comment that it’s harder to tell on a custom.

I decided to take the advice here and pass. Turns out the auction didn’t even follow through anyway.
Thanks for the input.

Back