• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Real or fake

faaaaaaaakkkkkkkkkeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!

and saw these during my indonesia vacation.....
more faaaaakkkkkkkkkkkkkeeeeeeeeee

DSC06822.JPG

Typical counterfeit gascans. The "GASCAN" font is supposed to be a stencil type. Also, they don't have OAKLEY on the nose of any Gascan as far as I know

Polarized pairs will have a P sticker on the lens. Other than that, I'm not sure about other types of stickers.

It helps to look at pairs in real life. If you get familiar enough with how oakley marks their pairs (I.e. Font used for various markings and whether or not certain pairs get Oakley printed on them and where the model name gets printed) it becomes fairly easy to spot a fake. You can also usually tell by the reflective coating on the lens. A lot of websites selling fakes the reflective coating looks nothing like a true iridium coating from Oakley.

Polarized pairs will have a P sticker on the lens. Other than that, I'm not sure about other types of stickers.

It helps to look at pairs in real life. If you get familiar enough with how oakley marks their pairs (I.e. Font used for various markings and whether or not certain pairs get Oakley printed on them and where the model name gets printed) it becomes fairly easy to spot a fake. You can also usually tell by the reflective coating on the lens. A lot of websites selling fakes the reflective coating looks nothing like a true iridium coating from Oakley.

I grew up in a time where no stickers were placed on the lens, but I guess you are totally right.
Unfortunately I saw a bunch of different stickers, which frightens me off a bit. See below.
My feeling tells me, the only original sticker is the red "P" at the very right. What would you say?

I'd say, most other O typical specs I'm able to judge right, especially the lenses.
Most fakes can be found under the latest models. It seems that the old glasses are not forged, yet.
compare.jpg

Latest Posts

Back