• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Real Or Real Good Fake For This Ducati X-Squared?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would also consider that not everyone has access to discounts on Oakley gear. If you were to buy them at retail, you'd be spending at least $400. $225 is just a hair over 50% off retail.

I picked up a pair of Ducati Juliets from the Vault for $199 + tax. No box, coin, rubbers, paperwork. I thought i got a good deal considering they're discontinued and since it's from the Vault, they're guaranteed authentic and in like-new condition.

I just picked up a 2nd pair of Ducati Juliets from CL for $220 and includes everything. I still think i got a good deal.

I say if you really want them, it's not a bad deal. From the pics you posted, it looks that you're getting a standard bag and not the ducati bag.

good eye on the bag splice, didnt see that

I would also consider that not everyone has access to discounts on Oakley gear. If you were to buy them at retail, you'd be spending at least $400. $225 is just a hair over 50% off retail.

I picked up a pair of Ducati Juliets from the Vault for $199 + tax. No box, coin, rubbers, paperwork. I thought i got a good deal considering they're discontinued and since it's from the Vault, they're guaranteed authentic and in like-new condition.

I just picked up a 2nd pair of Ducati Juliets from CL for $220 and includes everything. I still think i got a good deal.

I say if you really want them, it's not a bad deal. From the pics you posted, it looks that you're getting a standard bag and not the ducati bag.

Dough... So... What should I look for on a authentic ducati bag? I see some of the pictures on eBay have red tags on the bag, but I've only seen it for Juliet Ducaties, not X-Squared Ducatis.

Hah - I was about to throw in my .02 when I noticed this thread is from over two years ago; I'm sure any question about these has long ago been answered...

Hey guys, IMHO best etiquette regarding old threads is to only revive them if you have something of value to add to it...

Well, I think I add something of value to it...

With all due respect, not really - if there was still any question on if that pair was real or fake, this thread wouldn't be two years dead. And there are other, better general threads on how to spot fakes, including XS. And the pricing discussed back then is no longer relevant. And your comment about the temple shocks being fake is wrong, that's how they look on XS, different from R1 and Juliet etc. etc.

But I don't make the rules here, this guideline is my personal opinion. Some may agree with me and some may not. If you want to revive a bunch of old threads that need no further comment, feel free. I'm just trying to give some advice that could be to your benefit; you can take it or leave it.

That's all I have to say about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back