• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Real vs Replica Question (Romeo 1)

Ninebreaker

I should Work at Oakley
Indiana
So I came across a listing that I thought was legit. When I asked the guy about it, he said he took it down -- An Oakley collector looked at the two pictures and told him it was a replica.

1597283448447.png
1597283454006.png

These are the pictures. To me they look legit (from the pictures alone, at least). What would tip someone off to them being fakes?

Interesting... Could you go into a bit more about what the orbitals should look like, and what's off about the hinges/stem shapes?

I'm getting into collecting these, but I need to learn from you guys how to spot fakes more efficiently.

Interesting... Could you go into a bit more about what the orbitals should look like, and what's off about the hinges/stem shapes?

I'm getting into collecting these, but I need to learn from you guys how to spot fakes more efficiently.
1597284330605.png

See how there are hard lines on the nose and orbital? The real ones are just nice and curvy. No hard lines.

Oh wow, now that you mention it I can see the difference. I have a Romeo 1 already, but these also looked legit so I was shocked when the guy said someone called them out for fakes.

Could you educate me on the hinges and earstems? If I were to pick this one out as a fake, personally I'd have to look at the glasses from behind to check the nose bombs/serial number.

@Nortika thank you for the link to the guide! A lot of useful information there.

Back