• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Really Liking The Romeo 2s

THE X-MAN

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
ILLINOIS
Im working on a Ti02 romeo 2 and im really liking the geometry on these shades,i like the icons on the arms and the casting process is flawless.i didnt want to buy a bunch of extra shades but now you guys got me all f****d up on these x-metals, and now i want a pair of romeo 2s.

Im working on a Ti02 romeo 2 and im really liking the geometry on these shades,i like the icons on the arms and the casting process is flawless.i didnt want to buy a bunch of extra shades but now you guys got me all f****d up on these x-metals, and now i want a pair of romeo 2s.

That's the only pair I've got after trying out some Juliets, XX, and Mars. Romeos are outside my current spending cap, and X Squared never really appealed to me.

I like them a lot, and they look pretty wild compared to some of the others with the flow of the orbitals and the wide-flaring temples.

My only wish is that they had an XLJ version that extended the lens out under where the spike hooks into the orbital at the temple. It would clean up the lines a little bit and give much better coverage.

Well that, and for spare rubber to be readily available.

I'm really interested to see your TiO2 version when you finish. I have an X Metal with black polarized that I'd like to eventually have the orbitals done in a light plasma, and try to find a lens to mod for an XL version.

If you get a pair and figure out how to remove the stripped screws holding the lenses in and have a good replacement for them, let me know :)

If you get a pair and figure out how to remove the stripped screws holding the lenses in and have a good replacement for them, let me know :)
just retap to the the next size up with a 8-32 bottoming tap and get some set screws from ace hardware

I just got my T5 driver in the mail today. I'll see if I can't get a gauge on the screw and figure out what it is. Won't be till next week though, leaving on vacation tomorrow.

I think they're really underrated by the collecting community, probably because the design is a little more understated. The upside of that is you don't need to raid a bank vault to snag a pair! As wearers they're one of the comfiest metals to wear.

Cheers,

Tried going the next size up. No go. They're fine for now. I just wear them and wasn't planning on customizing them. I was just asking in case i needed to swap lenses in the future.

And i'll also second the comment about them being underrated and comfortable. I blew them off before i got myself a pair. Once i put them on, i was in love.

I think they're really underrated by the collecting community, probably because the design is a little more understated.
Also, the attachment to the Romeo name caused a lot of unfair animosity to it. Part of me thinks that if it were named something else they'd be much more popular. The Romeo name is so sacred to some that it's an automatic turnoff because it sullied the name.

Back