• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Reason Why We Collect Oakleys....

ive always liked nice things. when i got my first pair of oakleys, they were by far the best glasses i ever had. with oakley, there is something for everyone, and you can wear with anything. and the thing is, its seriously cool. to wear, and to own. and this is the part that is appealing to people who like to collect things. eyewear, footwear, backpacks, apparel, accessories, list goes on.

what makes it appealing to collect is the design element put into the products that grabs you. its more than just branding. anyone can stamp a fancy logo on anything. its the military inspired, industrial design, funky colors, with a hint of uber cool that makes it appealing.

out of all hobby collecting that i can think of, collecting oakley is by far the most useful, because you can actually wear and put to good use. i mean, how good is that! whatever the mood takes your fancy, whatever the occassion, you can actually use what you collect. if that is not a good enough incentive, i dont know what is.

On many occasions I have been asked why I am "so into Oakley" because I enjoy it. I have had many collections of different things, and right now and for the extreme future Oakley is it. I know people that swear up and down about having the fastest iMac computer with all the extras, etc. Yet they wear scratched up $5 sunglasses. Then I know people that have vintage Juliets that need a serious tune up and wont do it. I appreciate awesome, especially S.W. !!!!!!!!!!

Cause I'm a ballin as motherfcuker who makes it rain daily on all these hoes. I'm bout that life of frivolous spending and materialism, namsayin?

It's been mentioned, but I like paying for quality and standing out. Sure, I can run down to my local WalMart right now and get an alright looking pair of polarized sunglasses for $10. But in the back of my mind I know they're just $10 crap sunglasses and I can't stand that. Also I like knowing that if SHTF I can count on the lens not shattering and carving my eyeball(s) to bits if there's an accident.

I started wearing them as a kid for baseball. Those Razrwires saved my eye sight numerous times. That itself made me a fan for life. While in college I started working at Sunglass Hut. I was already pretty knowledgeable about Oakley and as I learned more about other brands I became more passionate about the quality and protection they provided. I felt I needed to help spread the word on what Oakley was all about.

In addition to the quality and protection Oakley provided, I also loved the CULTURE. I loved the no rules, no limits, and "kick ass & take names" attitude. I am a sport nut and of course Oakley is all about that as well. These things all resonated with me and have continued to do so when I was fortunate enough to come work for them.

There is a wall at Oakley with the history of the brand on one side and a list of core values on the other and everytime I walk down that hall I am reminded of many of the things that led me to love this brand. It is awesome to see the passion that people inside that building still have.

Ansi*

But def. I uses split jackets as safely glasses. Leagues better than your average safety glasses and swap out the lenses and you're ready to go

I use M Frames in college as safety glasses. Think my lecturer was a bit jealous because they look far better than their safety glasses!

Latest Posts

Back