• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Received and tried out my rivet press from Linegear..

For your first attempt good job. :)

At least you weren't afraid to try. And you also didn't destroy the pair while you were at it which is an added bonus. :D

Yeah it wouldn't have been that big of deal for me if I did something wrong and destroyed the glasses. Always like the opportunity to learn something. Although honestly I can imagine what you could do wrong removing rivets, with the proper tools that is???

The caulk was not in the nose bridge it was in the grove of the orbital. It wasn't used to seal or hold the lens in place because it wasn't stuck to the lens. A thin layer was just put in like someone tried to use it as padding.

Still think it was a DIY job, though maybe a little classier than the thin strip of electrical tape that many use to shim lenses.

That's what I was thinking I was just curious if anyone has ever heard of Oakley doing this? After cleaning out the orbital and making sure everything was tight the lens does not rattle.

The only x-metals that Oakley factory-shimmed the lenses are the XS, and not with silicone.

Still think it was a DIY job, though maybe a little classier than the thin strip of electrical tape that many use to shim lenses.

The only x-metals that Oakley factory-shimmed the lenses are the XS, and not with silicone.
I've scraped silicone out of the orbitals from several different Juliets all from different sellers. I just assumed it was from the factory, find it hard to believe somebody else put a small thin strip of silicone down around the inside of the orbitals.

We have a silicone bandit on the loose!!!

Hide your kids, hide your wives, hide your x-metals; they're siliconing everything up around here... :D

Damn it. I just let them out of hiding from the incident a few years back in Lincoln Park. :p

Back