• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Recent pairs i picked up. couple of metals, one kinda metal i guess.

Jontoad

I should Work at Oakley
Naperville, IL
First pair - BNIB Carbon/BI Juliet

This one just came in the mail today from GH4AU. I wanted to move my IH lenses and rubbers onto a Carbon frame so i swapped them over.

Second pair - BNIB Polished Black/O-luminum/BIP Two Face

These came last week. although they are similar, they don't fit as nice as Holbrooks. i do really like the look of this colorway Two Face. so i picked up a pair off Ebay for cheap. don't get me wrong, they are very comfortable. just for some reason they don't hold on as well as Holbrooks. like when i have them on my hat or the top of my head they tend to move around or try to fall off, so i just have to pay them more attention.

Third pair - Project pair of Plasma Juliets

I picked these up cheap off a car forum friend who saw i like Juliets on my facebook page. they had issues preventing them from being worn so he sent them to me for the price of shipping. i thought maybe i could try to fix them for a beater or everyday wearer pair. it looked like the back side of the nose bridge on the right side got scratched up and bent up a bit with pliers or something. the back side of one of the rivets was also marred up, and the lenses were shot. the nose bridge was really lose. i figured it was the perfect pair to try and rebuild one myself (note i will always send my nice pairs to Xman, just wanted to try it myself on this beater pair). so i got some new rivets off Ebay and i have had some new nose bridge rubbers from ebay sitting here for like 6 months that i bought just to have. after a successful (but nerve wracking) rebuild it still has some slight play on the right side, but it is very wearable now. i had some nice used Emerald lenses from the Juliets i posted about getting for my friend last week (the one that i put Ice Polar lenses into). so i put those in.

they turned out good for a beater in my opinion.

262qnq1.jpg

Last edited:
those look awesome. Love those lenses in the carbon frame. How'd you get the rivets out on that beater?

those look awesome. Love those lenses in the carbon frame. How'd you get the rivets out on that beater?

used a tool i modified for it. i did some creative dremmel grinder work to a cheap bike chain break tool i got for less than ten bucks off ebay. i don't recommend using that type of tool. the press on it uses a screwing motion to tighten and it tries to walk off the head of the rivet if you are not careful. it also scratches up the head of the rivet on the way out so you need new rivets either way. putting the new rivets in is easy. i just put electrical tape on the teeth of some channel locks to protect the finish on the nose bridge and squeezed till they popped in.

like i said i wouldn't want to try it on any of my nice pairs that have rivets. at least not without having a better tool than what i had. it's nice to know i have rebuilt a Juliet nose bridge at least once myself though. cross that off the bucket list. haha.

used a tool i modified for it. i did some creative dremmel grinder work to a cheap bike chain break tool i got for less than ten bucks off ebay. i don't recommend using that type of tool. the press on it uses a screwing motion to tighten and it tries to walk off the head of the rivet if you are not careful. it also scratches up the head of the rivet on the way out so you need new rivets either way. putting the new rivets in is easy. i just put electrical tape on the teeth of some channel locks to protect the finish on the nose bridge and squeezed till they popped in.

like i said i wouldn't want to try it on any of my nice pairs that have rivets. at least not without having a better tool than what i had. it's nice to know i have rebuilt a Juliet nose bridge at least once myself though. cross that off the bucket list. haha.

Haha I think I'll just send'em to X-Man

Good job on completing the nose bridge by yourself. Definitely cool to know that you serviced one pair by yourself. The IH lenses and purple rubber does look good on the carbon frame.

Yeah mien!!! those lens looks good on carbon frame. my friend got sum IH lens he still haven't decided if he's going to put them in yet or just hand on to it, but i love the violet lens congrats on sum clean picks:D

Latest Posts

Back