• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Recommendations for ebay purchase

Db2506

Oakley Beginner
Hello everyone. Been a minute since I posted here. Need some advice.

I recently bought a pair of Juliets and would like to have them tuned, repainted, and basically replace everything possible to make them like new or better.

I've been doing my own research but as this seems to be the place with subject matter experts, I thought I'd asking everyone opinion.

First off, I've found oxm and the xman as the two most recommended people to retune out repair the frames. Which would you all recommend?

Second, as far as repainting, I'm looking for someone that does great cerkote work in all black since that is the only color allowed by Army regulations.

Third, I would like the most mirrored finish possible on lenses in black or a titanium color. Something that is pretty difficult to see through from the outside.

Lastly, for rubbers, who do you recommend? I've looked at Revenant and Line gear. My last pair of Juliets didn't quite fit my head as snug as I wanted. Would thicker temple shocks help with that?

Sorry for the long post. Thank you all for the help.

I haven't posted much here, but maybe I can offer some insight on some things!

I had X-Man do my Juliet refinishing a long time ago. He repainted and refinished to the x-metal finish similar to the ones seen on Cyclops in the early X-men movies. I only used his services, but I had no complaints for my pair, it was an excellent job for everything (tune up, screws, finish, etc).

I think lens wise if you're looking for OEM cut lenses for Juliets, it might be a bit harder/more expensive to find titanium. I think black is hard enough to see through the lens already especially in the sunlight, but that's just my opinion. I haven't had any experience with titanium, and since it is an older lens from what I understand, I have yet to play around with them at all. I think titanium lenses did come with a model of Juliet's, but since they are older it will be difficult to find some. If you can find black custom cut lenses that might be a good deal.

Rubbers, I have also only used OEM ones, but I think the issue is the number size of the temple shocks (which I think is the piece right next to where the stems connect to the eyepiece) rather than the thickness of the material. I adjusted those to a different size and they were more/less snug depending on what you are looking for. Someone here can offer better insight as to which number to go with for more snugness.

Sorry, it's not much info to go off, but I figured any bit can help! Best of luck. Thanks for your service!

Back