• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Red/Blue Fuel Cell

AusOakley

I should Work at Oakley
Sydney, Australia
So, it's my birthday next month and when my dad asked what I wanted ofcourse, I said Oakleys. Before I asked him I went to a SGH to try them
on but they only had the polarised ones with the ghost text which was ok because i just wanted to try them on for fit. My dad has already purchased these and showed me tonight when I was at his house to see how I like them. Before seeing them tonight I had only seen pictures and youtube videos from BAPD77 and OStore690. This was an Australian only release correct? When I had them in my hands, they came in the white box with
text but no sticker on the end to tell you what the box is for, the lenses to me look a little more fire iridium than ruby iridium, let me know what you guys think however they did have the "o" imprint on the end of each ear stem and "fuel cell" on the inside of the ear stem and "made in usa" on the other with the print of lens size etc if I remember correctly it says "60o19". Also being an Australian release it should have the business reply from Geelong,Victoria right? However it has the business reply from Foothill Ranch California and doesn't come with the lens transmission profiles.
As they were purchased on ebay I just want to make sure they are genuine as stated in the listing. So let me know what you guys think

I now have to wait till December 11 to be given these officially

Last edited by a moderator:
i got mine from a store in the US - so it's not an Australian release only.
mine looks more ruby than yours!
but anyway nice pair sunnies . . .

i got mine from a store in the US - so it's not an Australian release only.
mine looks more ruby than yours!
but anyway nice pair sunnies . . .

Thanks for the correction. I wish mine were more ruby, just posted this because I wasn't sure if it was a genuine Oakley. Now that I have tried them on I cant wait for my Birthday

ha ha
that sucks if you already know which pair you getting and you already tried them on. . .

ha ha
that sucks if you already know which pair you getting and you already tried them on. . .

lol kinda sucks but atleast I'm getting the ones I asked for. My family thinks all my glasses look the same so it makes no difference to them lol. Is there anywhere I can get ruby lenses that look more red or is it just the luck of the draw so to speak?

Also just looking on www.o-review.com and it says the red/blue fuel cell has a black ink frame with positive red iridium lens, a misprint??

yes it's a misprint! i got mine with riby and as far as i know all came with ruby!

Thanks. Being new to the game it helps to have people who have a lot of knowledge of oakley. Would have been cool if they had come with positive red iridium

Latest Posts

Back