• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Red Discoloration On X Metal Coin

lawman0210

Oakley Expert
Anyone ever have a discoloration on an X metal coin? It's red. Almost looks like red dye. Any idea of how to remove it
yrymemed.jpg
tajejuta.jpg

Nothing with Acetone, No nail polish remover, no Brake Fluid, No terpentine... Best stick with Salj's idea, or maybe simple green, but DO not get it near the actual paint. Maybe q-tip it. This coming from years and years and years of experience with Warhammer 40k Models.

Scared me at first, thought it could be the IH I sent you, but still en route. Have you tried anything yet? Just a mild cleaner, soap and water? The metal part could handle some stronger cleaner but I would be real careful with the text and purple enamel. Possibly Goof Off with a Q Tip. Not sure but baking soda, might be abrasive and polish the metal.

Thanks all! I used a water/vinegar 50/50 mix. Although it was helping it was still there I took a bit of Baking soda and added it rubbing slowly in a circular motion with a Qtip.
da8u3u5a.jpg

Back