• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

+Red Iridium Frogs? Anyone have them?

Yes, you are right. Wish it looked more red though...

inCollage_20180621_110710307.jpg

Positive Red Iridium
Medium to bright light. Features a neutral lens tint with an Iridium® coating to tune contrast and reduce glare.

Specifications:
eyew_plu1_s_pos_red_irid_thumb_40-png.png

Light Transmission:
15%
Conditions:
medium to bright light
Protection Index:
Neutral / Contrast:
Contrast

Ruby Iridium
Medium to bright light. Neutral lens tint for truer color perception. Features an Iridium® coating to reduce glare. Excellent in hot, sunny conditions.

Specifications:
eyew_plu1_s_ruby_irid_thumb_40-png.png

Light Transmission:
14%
Conditions:
medium to bright light
Protection Index:
Neutral / Contrast:
Neutral

@OakleyFreak did a good comparison here..

Little late to join in the party, but here's a quick comparison I did for someone else who was convinced what they had was violet irid due to them mostly looking purple, but really they were +Red irid.

I have to photograph some pairs I plan on selling, so I'll do a comparison between what I have in my quiver. The Gen 2 +Red looks much more red in my opinion and closer to the torch iridium they offer now, versus the more recent +Red

Top - Torch Iridium
Mid - +Red Polarized
Bot - Violet Iridium

20180622_200608.jpg

20180622_200635.jpg

Gen 2 +Red | Gen 3 +Red | Gen 3 +Red Polarized

Note the color of the frame does slightly change their appearance whether it appears more purple or more red from what I've experienced...

The polarized version imo is a more even balance between the purple/red while the non-polar one appears more purple with red upon certain angles of lighting. The Gen 2 are much more red dominant versus the gen 3, maybe done on purpose to more easily distinguish from OO Red or Ruby?

+Red Comparison.jpg

Last edited:
Little late to join in the party, but here's a quick comparison I did for someone else who was convinced what they had was violet irid due to them mostly looking purple, but really they were +Red irid.

I have to photograph some pairs I plan on selling, so I'll do a comparison between what I have in my quiver. The Gen 2 +Red looks much more red in my opinion and closer to the torch iridium they offer now, versus the more recent +Red

Top - Torch Iridium
Mid - +Red Polarized
Bot - Violet Iridium

View attachment 494807

View attachment 494809

Torch in this pic, looks a lot like old +Reds.

Back