• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

+red Iridium Lenses

FilipePT

Oakley Beginner
Someone has +red iridium?

It is true that the base color is boring? (Gray)

I spend a lot of time on the beach and on days with lots of sun, these lenses are good for this?

Tanks.

the base in positive red is Blue, like in ruby. +red is lighter than ruby, so theres more light transmission. out of the two, i would recommend ruby instead.

BUT you say theyre for the beach? then i DONT recommend either ruby or Pos red. both show scratches easily, and with that much sand around, its asking for trouble.

try VR28 black iridium. its a sweet lens for the beach. nice mellow sepia tone, and darker than the ruby/pos red.

Well, but I'm also not the beach every day, many go in the summer yes, but not always.

To walk down the street on a sunny day is good?

I like the look of the lenses, because I think they are more discreet and not draw attention like ruby for example.

The glasses I'm thinking of buying these are

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, but I'm also not the beach every day, many go in the summer yes, but not always.

To walk down the street on a sunny day is good?

I like the look of the lenses, because I think they are more discreet and not draw attention like ruby for example.

The glasses I'm thinking of buying these are

in that case, sure, go for it. the blue base in ruby/ pos red neutralises the yellow light of the sun, making everything look whiter and cleaner (brighter)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back