• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Red USA MADE logo - Flak 2.0 XL

jhoms

Oakley Beginner
Hi,

I just purchased a pair of Flak 2.0 XL from a third party seller.

However, I never seen a pair of Flak with the dedicated red USA MADE tag, only the standard USA MADE print.

Do anybody know if this is a fake pair, or maybe an older model - and if so, if they are different from the current ones?

Thanks

IMG_5076.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I noticed that on the package it says "Assembled in the USA". So now they are always just assembled in the USA, even if the tag inside says USA made? I noticed that on the older Flak's it either says USA made or USA assembled, so I guess those older one ones would actually have been made in the US if they are printed USA made.

All Oakley frames are made in China now thanks to Lux, before they were made exclusively in the US, now the lenses are just made in the US, so they assemble the glasses in the US

All Oakley frames are made in China now thanks to Lux, before they were made exclusively in the US, now the lenses are just made in the US, so they assemble the glasses in the US

some frames are still made here but it’s little things like icons and metal bits that are mostly outsourced. But it went from 100% us made to 50 or less.

those red things are also RFID Tags. If you take it off there’s a little chip behind it

Back