• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Trading REFINISHED X METAL Half X for Half X

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
U

Username Hidden

Half X X Metal finish for your polished Half X. Frame only. 20200412_153912.jpg20200412_153935.jpg

Some people reacted to this post.
Were those refinished? What's with the difference in coloring around the SKU?

Username Hidden said:
Were those refinished? Yep. my bad thought it was in the description I'll go edit thank you

Why mask off the sku? I can see maybe doing it on a pair with a serial, but there’s nothing special about the sku number on that frame

Username Hidden said:
Why mask off the sku? I can see maybe doing it on a pair with a serial, but there’s nothing special about the sku number on that frame
I have known @THE X-MAN to do this to frames in the past, for people who request it, if they wanted to keep the serial number after sandblasting and refinishing. But why on this frame? You got me.

Username Hidden said:
I have known @THE X-MAN to do this to frames in the past, for people who request it, if they wanted to keep the serial number after sandblasting and refinishing. But why on this frame? You got me.

Yea I’m aware people preserve serial numbers...kinda understandable there I guess, but a sku makes me scratch my head

Username Hidden said:
Yea I’m aware people preserve serial numbers...kinda understandable there I guess, but a sku makes me scratch my head
Your guess is as good as mine. The sku is a mark of authenticity in X Metals, if no serial. Or to show what the origional finish was. I'd have to look up that sku to know. Don't really feel like it right now though. Maybe @Camdaddy22 can tell us the reasoning behind the decision.

Username Hidden said:
Your guess is as good as mine. The sku is a mark of authenticity in X Metals, if no serial. Or to show what the origional finish was. I'd have to look up that sku to know. Don't really feel like it right now though. Maybe @Camdaddy22 can tell us the reasoning behind the decision.

Not all x metals had a sku or serial on the frame though. ie, 4th gen juliets

Would you consider just selling the frame?

Username Hidden said:
XMan customs has a section to SAVE serial number in the 3rd section of the form. I selected "yes" and this is how he does it.