• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Refinishing Frames Darker

Elfmaze

Oakley Beginner
Hey guys,

Just found this forum as I have a piar of 10+ yr old juliets that are in need of some help. the nose bridge is loose, and not that it bothers me too much I am worried with the discontinuing of the lines Oakley will wash there hands of them "An interesting concept since the sales guys quote was " these are a pair of glasses that will last your lifetime :laugh: "

I might send them back to oakley, But after all the horror stories of frames comming back the same or worse off i think I may try the guy on here who works on the bridges.

:focus:
I have a second gen pair of plasma/ ice polarized. I have always wanted to add a dark framed with red lenses for those alter ego days. I would love to be able to drop the $450 on a new pair of dark frames (carbon or x-metal i guess are the new colors) But there are other prioritys in life right now.

I am finding alot of older frames around the 100-150 range. but there almost always lighter frames. I can change lenses out easy enough. But how hard is it to refinish the frames. Is it simmilar to alluminum where you have a simmilar process to annodizing?

Yeah, mark can refinish yours in a dark x-metal finish that you would probably like. I'm completely happy with my XX that he refinished.

Are you talking about buying a new pair of plasma and get them refinished, or refinishing the plasma you already own? You can get x-metal finish frames on ebay for under $200. A lot of times they are advertised as plasma, titanium, or silver. That would probably be easier than buying a frame you don't want and refinishing them.

this is true, by the time you get done buying new lenses, rebuilding and refinishing might have been better off just buying the new ones.

There are the "naked" frames on ebay. I just hate the bidding wars.. :(

Latest Posts

Back