• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Regarding the "fooliets" ......

damanx

Oakley Beginner
So I have been contemplating having a good set of prescription lenses put in my Juliets, but I can't seem to reconcile with sending my frames off to do it. Having seen a previous thread about these fakes, I thought maybe get a set of those and send those in, but that begs the question of whether the frame lens slot is correct.

Maybe I'll have to purchase a set and see unless there are others that have these fakes and can verify the lens fit in comparison to a real set.

Also, any links to the best fooliets would be good.

That’s an interesting question. Normally I’m completely against fakes, but using them just to send away for lenses, to avoid losing a real pair, might be a good use for them!

That’s an interesting question. Normally I’m completely against fakes, but using them just to send away for lenses, to avoid losing a real pair, might be a good use for them!

I tried to be careful about the wording as that is the only use I would have for them.

Fakes won't be the same for fitting lenses.even the legit frames are ALL different.

I'd imagine so considering that I have replaced the lenses in my Juliets twice now in the past 5 years even though they should have been replaced at least 3 times considering how rough I seem to be with them, which is why I just get the Ikon lens. With this pair being my "daily driver" so to speak, these Ikons fit perfectly. I can't say that about the other 2 pairs of Juliets I have because those are practically in NOS condition and I'm not going to tear them apart to see if there is noticeable differences even with the factory Oakley lenses.

Back