• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Regarding X-Metals looking for Advice and Connections.

fellow big head here, i can attest to the romeos being much more comfortable than the juliets. the styling of the hammer-stem [ie the glasses arms have a kink making them a bit wider] likely attributes to this added comfort on top of their inherent wider design. polished juliets [if you're keen on another juliet] have these style of arms as well.

Looking at your original request I am going to take you back to the XX simply because the lenses are larger and more workable for a decent RX. I would consult with @Chris A Hardaway and share your RX with him and let him tell you what is even possible. The R2 is a great frame but good luck finding someone to cut a lens much less a RX lens for one. The R1 is big enough but super expensive frame and some people find them bulky and cumbersome to wear for long periods. The XX is no slouch in expensive but you can pick up a frame for $450ish if you hunt eBay daily/by the minute or put in a request for buying in the exchange and see what is offered. If you dont want to wait for the great deal then expect to spend north of $500 for a XX frame. Then there is the cost of the RX

If Juliet's got too small, an XX is no better.
You should look for a Romeo II.
R2 is the widest frame of all X-Metal.
I thought he was referring to the look, fat face, huge head or skinny pencil onion
😂😂😂😂😂
Juliet’s and penny’s feel……Not feel, look to small on me, part huge part pencil
XX look more form fitting, for my mug.

Looking at your original request I am going to take you back to the XX simply because the lenses are larger and more workable for a decent RX. I would consult with @Chris A Hardaway and share your RX with him and let him tell you what is even possible. The R2 is a great frame but good luck finding someone to cut a lens much less a RX lens for one. The R1 is big enough but super expensive frame and some people find them bulky and cumbersome to wear for long periods. The XX is no slouch in expensive but you can pick up a frame for $450ish if you hunt eBay daily/by the minute or put in a request for buying in the exchange and see what is offered. If you dont want to wait for the great deal then expect to spend north of $500 for a XX frame. Then there is the cost of the RX
Dude, truly appreciate the post, this helps significantly! 🙏

fellow big head here, i can attest to the romeos being much more comfortable than the juliets. the styling of the hammer-stem [ie the glasses arms have a kink making them a bit wider] likely attributes to this added comfort on top of their inherent wider design. polished juliets [if you're keen on another juliet] have these style of arms as well.
Thanks Brother, and my Juliets were indeed Polished. Learning so much already! 🙏

OBRO's Rx by @Chris A Hardaway has Emerald Rx for the XX. I woulkd jump in on those but my Rx changes a bit and thats a lot of coin, plus my vision isn't that jacked up, I can go wth out Rx for driving, just don't drive near me:gamer:(this is driving in Calif, not a gammer).
@Mr.Bill grab some XX Rx Emerald and convinve me I need them, the emerald part im already 1/2 way there.

Back