• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Reminder - buyer beware

What I do is offer to pay the PayPal fees for a G&S purchase. No one’s refused that. And it would be suspicious if he/she did turn that down.
Yeah good thought I did offer. The seller refused that:

"Sorry, paying the extra fee isn't the issue here, I still have a pending payment of my g8 wheels I sold to a buyer some weeks back. Payment is still on hold and I have delivered the wheels.

I wouldn't want to risk receiving another payment via G&S for now. Maybe when the issue gets fixed, I'll let you so we can do G&S. Sorry."

Could be legit but too suspicious and risky, for a new member with zero feedback.

"Sorry, paying the extra fee isn't the issue here, I still have a pending payment of my g8 wheels I sold to a buyer some weeks back. Payment is still on hold and I have delivered the wheels.

I wouldn't want to risk receiving another payment via G&S for now. Maybe when the issue gets fixed, I'll let you so we can do G&S. Sorry."

Could be legit but too suspicious and risky, for a new member with zero feedback.
Very sus indeed

Deal breaker. Definitely too suspicious now.

Yeah. People are always honest…until they’re not. 😂😂😂

It goes without saying that paying F&F is ALWAYS buyer beware with absolutely zero recourse should something go wrong.

This is regardless of how many transactions someone has done. There is always a first time for someone to “go rogue”. In fact, I would say that you are at far far greater risk with people who have earned your trust simply because of the higher dollars that you are more likely to send via F&F.

Cases in point, @“TRUMP”, @Dr. Chop, @YakuzaFloralGangsta (who was even an admin here!!!), there was a previous admin too (who got demoted as well for selling a fake custom OTT), notorious museum Joe (Shill bidding?) etc. These were/are current longterm members who then allegedly/actually ripped off people (even their “friends” who had bought from them previously).

Only ever pay via F&F if you can afford to lose that money.

People have trouble with EVEN with PayPal G&S. How much more with F&F?!!!

there are trust worthy people. if your a believer of G-D, and I know you are. We must believe that MOST people are good. I will continue to think this way. Sure there are some *******s out there. Buy the seller.

I have no issue accepting or receiving F&F. I trust the vast majority of folks here. But usually based on prior transaction history and US presence or good communication history.

When communication is limited, its easier to read those patterns.

there are trust worthy people. if your a believer of G-D, and I know you are. We must believe that MOST people are good. I will continue to think this way. Sure there are some *******s out there. Buy the seller.

I have no issue accepting or receiving F&F. I trust the vast majority of folks here. But usually based on prior transaction history and US presence or good communication history.

When communication is limited, its easier to read those patterns.
I'm the opposite. I believe everybody is evil until they prove to me that they aren't. I always have my guard up

Back