• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

REMINDER: Douche Day 2013 Is Coming . . . .

Herbsley

Steadily Retiring
Durham, UK
Yes folks. It's back.

This coming Sunday - as is traditional on the Sunday after 4th July - we will once again be holding our annual "Wear a White Frame for Douche Day" global extravaganza.

For those new to the concept, here are our previous Douche Day threads:
http://www.oakleyforum.com/threads/official-be-a-douche-wear-your-white-oakleys-day-8th-july-2012.10027/
http://www.oakleyforum.com/threads/picture-thread-official-be-a-douche-wear-your-white-oakleys-day-8th-july-2012.10076/
The concept is simple.
A-Train and myself devised a concept where one day a year, all members who have a white-framed Oakley should wear it with pride - out on the streets, in the car, on the bike, out shopping, out with the dog, wherever your douchiness takes you. The only rule is . . . . it must be outdoors, and a selfie pic is required.

Naturally, this became a friendly competition for what became the esteemed title of Oakley Forum's Douche of the Year - a badge worn with pride throughout the 2012/13 douching season by Mr RHuntington for his sterling efforts at last year's event. Judges this year, as with last, will be myself and A-Train - with our decision being final on the douchiest photo (posted on an upcoming pic thread to be started in preparation on Saturday).

So - this coming Sunday - blow the dust off those white frames.
Grab your douchiest outfit.
Get outside, and strike your Douchiest pose.

Enjoy the Forum's once-in-a-year gift to you of Douchedom Invincibility.

Wear a white frame.
Be a Douche.
Sunday 7th July 2013.

Hey Herbsley - My avatar is with my white radar frames on (winter cycling selfie) ...does that actually count or do I have to Re-Douche?!?!

A good question.

The spirit of the event is that Oakley connoisseurs from across the globe all 'douche it up' together on one day of the year, in an organised act of brotherly Oakley Douchehood.

Therefore, the answer to your question, sir, is that in accordance with the above-mentioned unspoken code between Oakley enthusiasts, you really should indeed 'Re-Douche' on Sunday.
:D

Understood, and thank you for the rule clarification. I will Re-Douche on Sunday. I will dig out my absolute douchiest cycling outfit and make the community proud. :)

Understood, and thank you for the rule clarification. I will Re-Douche on Sunday. I will dig out my absolute douchiest cycling outfit and make the community proud. :)

Not a rule, per se.
More a Douche Code of Conduct
:D

(I know that one of these days someone will haul me up on the fact that I seem to just make rules up for stuff as I go along. ;) )

I think when you have the spare time (sure...sure) you should draw-up some official Code of Conduct tenets for us newbies. We need something to strive for and adhere to.

As for making stuff up as you go along...what are we gonna do, swim across the pond and slip a pair of Ray-Bans into your display case?

:grin:

Haha. No, seriously though, the only rules for Douche Day are . . . .

1) White frame
2) Outside
3) Look like a Douche

And that's it.

Everything else is up to the creative and crazed minds of the participants.

Haha. No, seriously though, the only rules for Douche Day are . . . .

1) White frame
2) Outside
3) Look like a Douche

And that's it.

Everything else is up to the creative and crazed minds of the participants.

and the Douchier the better

Back