• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Removing A Bite Mark

hardeda

Oakley Beginner
I have a pair of half jackets that I have decided to paint (rather than finding a cheap pair online to practice with) only problem is that there are several teeth marks where my dog got a hold of them about 5-6 years ago and it never mattered much but if I am going to be painting them and probably start wearing them again occasionally I would like for them to look as good as possible...

I know that I could smooth it out a bit by sanding it down but its fairly deep so I was thinking a mixture of sanding and filling...only problem is I don't know with what

any help is appreciated !

any pix of the bites? you could use an epoxy or resin, sand it smooth, then paint over it...bondo will crack out I think

that's probably your best and safest bet. you could even use some fiberglass polyester resin without the fiberglass matting and it would work, or hell, even some CA glue, just make sure it's fully cured before you go sanding at it.

I appreciate the feedback guys!

@dr.chop I saw in the painting frames thread you gave a great detailed description on your process I also saw you mention some specific products...Are there any other clear coats you would recommend besides the DuPont you mentioned?

House of Kolor, PPG, Spies Hecker, any high end auto clear. Honestly though, the DuPont HC clear I use lays like glass and it cures super fast....awesome stuff

Back