• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Removing Anti reflective coating

Sushobhon

I should Work at Oakley
I have a m frame strike grey lens.. It is structurally fine but inside the anti reflective coating is peeling... I haven't used it for more than a year...i want to use it again..so is there any way to remove the anti reflective coating?

If this starts happening on my daily M Frame polarized lenses.. when I clean the lens, this coating will naturally rub off. I would suggest rinsing it off in the sink with water and lightly rub the flakes off with your finger. It's going to peel off anyways. This just gets the loose coating to fall off.

Then use a microfiber towel or bag and clean the lens. This knocks all the flakes off and gets the lens more presentable and less will be obstructing vision. The UV protection is still built into the lens.

If this starts happening on my daily M Frame polarized lenses.. when I clean the lens, this coating will naturally rub off. I would suggest rinsing it off in the sink with water and lightly rub the flakes off with your finger. It's going to peel off anyways. This just gets the loose coating to fall off.

Then use a microfiber towel or bag and clean the lens. This knocks all the flakes off and gets the lens more presentable and less will be obstructing vision. The UV protection is still built into the lens.
Ok thank you very much.

Back