• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Removing Garage Rock Icon

NiGHTSx2

Oakley Expert
San Jose, CA
Does anyone know how to remove the Icon Holder/Band on the Garage Rock? I'm talking about taking off the entire piece, not just the icon, as shown below. It looks like it slides onto the frame, and might be attached with double-stick tape; but I'm not really sure.

garagerockicon.jpg

either sticky tape or just popped in. They are making things less expensive, so adding anything to it to be extra secure would cut into profit

The icons are definitely double-stick-taped to the band piece. They slip and slide around with just a little bit of pressure; which is not too reassuring, actually.

I still can't figure out how the band comes out though. I don't think they slide out, because the faux bolt indents would prevent them from moving. But they don't want to lift up either. I might have to try the hot water method and see if that works.

The band pulls up a little, if you grab the edges, but I'm too afraid to pull up too hard. The metal looks like it's pretty thin, and I'm worried it will bend. Hopefully someone who works at Oakley will chime in and let us know what the deal is with these things.

Latest Posts

Back