pistolpetefan23

Oakley Expert
Premium Member
Any suggestions to finish the removal of the "Oakley" text on the nose bridge of a frame? It has started to come off already, so think it'd just be better if I finish it completely. Thanks in advance.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses
Register to Not see this ad

jdd32

X Metal Workshop
Sydney
Any suggestions to finish the removal of the "Oakley" text on the nose bridge of a frame? It has started to come off already, so think it'd just be better if I finish it completely. Thanks in advance.
Sounds like the text was painted on. I'd suggest the use of abrasion like a nylon brush to go at it and see how much you can remove. I suspect you can also use chemicals such as rubbing alcohol to remove the text. Any stronger chemicals may also eat away the frame color(s) unless it was injection molded.

NCHornet

Oakley Collector
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Friction first, abrasives second, and I am not even going to go there, on the other, lol!!!!

Jjinga

Oakley Beginner
I use acetone free nail polish remover on nascar die-cast cars dozens of times and it takes the lettering right off without hurting the base paint at all. Not sure how it would work on plastic but thats where I would start.

New Threads