• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Removing Radar Arms

All

Is it possible to remove Radar arms?

I can find anything anywhere so I'm guessing not.

Thanks, GL
Nope, not without drilling the hinge pin. They use a pin that locks in and the head snaps off to keep them from being removed. not going to be easy if you are able to remove them

From what I understand you can have them repaired if they break the pin, but I was told it was a $50 repair through Oakley which is ridiculous. They should have probably designed that differently.:mad-35:

From what I understand you can have them repaired if they break the pin, but I was told it was a $50 repair through Oakley which is ridiculous. They should have probably designed that differently.:mad-35:
that's a warranty replacement...If you break the pin, you will most likely break the stem at the hoop the pin goes through...

that's a warranty replacement...If you break the pin, you will most likely break the stem at the hoop the pin goes through...
The one incident in particular I was talking about didn't break the temple, pin was just "lost", and I thought warranties are free... Oakley is funny sometimes.

The one incident in particular I was talking about didn't break the temple, pin was just "lost", and I thought warranties are free... Oakley is funny sometimes.
warranty would be with a receipt dates inside of 12 months...Without one, there is that charge and it basically replaces the frame or gives a lateral to a similar style if no longer available...Those pins don't just get "lost" though...Like I said before, they lock in place and the head breaks off, so for a radar pin to fall out, they had to have tampering in 99.9% of the cases. Now there is that narrow margin where it is possible it wasn't locked all the way in, but that's certainly the exception to the rule, not the rule itself. If you were close enough to walk it in, it would be swapped on site I would bet, but sending it in is a pain in the ass...I have heard so many horror stories of things damaged, gone missing, etc from being sent in...

Back