• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Removing radarlock bands

Vetle97

Oakley Beginner
Hey, I was wondering if anyone could post a video on how to remove the bands on Oakley Radarlock. I've read the threads but I did not quite understand. If anyone who is able to remove them without damaging the frame or paint could post a video or a very detailed tutorial, I would be very thankful.

Thanks

No video but I get a very small screw driver and press the two tabs out from the inside. Take alot of effort to do too!! Never broke , or had anything bad happen. Swap tons of them.

There a hidden third tab that hold the band in as well.

Man up!! Really hard to break anything, or have anything bad happen.

No risk no reward!!!I mod oakley, gshocks.. alway learn by doing things and sometimes breaking things, but I have tons of radarlocks that I swap and I have never had a problem popping them out with a small screw driver.

pic20140611234155_zpsnut3wcmv.jpg
pic20140611234358_zpsx5kdbje1.jpg

Last edited:
I believe @dr.chop previously suggested boiling water when this question was asked before. It would soften things up a bit, but you'd need like a pot of water to really make the difference. Tap probably wouldn't get the job done, and perhaps be more wasteful.

Back