• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Removing The Lens From Full-frame Glasses?

Rustpot

M Frame Lover
Clarkston/Romeo MI
I have a friend with a set of XXtwenty that are beat to **** that he'd like to rejuvinate with a new lens. How do I get the old one out?

Oakley sells replacement lenses for the fully framed glasses, but I was always under the impression they were not removable.
Oakley XX Replacement Lenses available online at Oakley.com

I haven't had any luck finding this on the forum.

Also, are the X-Metal XX the same lens as the XX Twenty?

Thanks all!

The XX is the Twenty and the XX X Metal is the metal frame.

Both have removable lenses. You have to gently pry the top and bottom of the frame where the lens is and press out from underneath.

Grasp the frame and use both thumbs to push the lenses out the FRONT of the frame. They will pop out. Install the new ones from the front. Put the top of the lens in first and then pop the bottom and sides in. Don't worry you won't break it....

The XX and the XX Xmetal are different...

Good to know, thanks. They have SI Ten frames on eBay right now with no lens that I just saw. I figure for $35 it can't be a bad deal, and I can find a lens to get the tint I want while keeping with my SI collection theme.

Good to know, thanks. They have SI Ten frames on eBay right now with no lens that I just saw. I figure for $35 it can't be a bad deal, and I can find a lens to get the tint I want while keeping with my SI collection theme.

I saw that... Whats even funnier is the auction side has them @ $42.0 currently and the same ones from the same seller are BIN for $34.99... and they have been up for awhile.....People just go bid crazy!!!

I saw that... Whats even funnier is the auction side has them @ $42.0 currently and the same ones from the same seller are BIN for $34.99... and they have been up for awhile.....People just go bid crazy!!!

Now I just have to pick a tint... I was really hoping they had a VR50, G30, Vermillion, or some other high-contrast lens so I could keep my Flaks in Gold Irid Pol for sunny days and keep the Ten in reserve.

Is Warm Grey a good tint? I haven't had good luck with normal grey on sunny days, glare and shine off cars and whatnot forced me to buy black and gold iridium polarized for my M Frame and Flak daily wearers.

G30 would look nice with the matte black frame. nice lens to.

The website only shows;
Bronze Polarized
Black Iridium
Balck Iridium Polarized
Emerald, Ruby, Fire, Ice, Slate Iridium
Grey Polarized
Warm Grey
VR28 Black Iridium Polarized

Didn't stop by the vault, but I doubt they'll be able to order anything that isn't on the Oakley customizer or on the main Oakley store site.

Slate is the brightest at 23%, then Grey Polarized, neither being contrast. Maybe I'll go for VR28 black and try finding a G30, VR50 for my SI Flaks.

Back