• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Repairing my first pair of Polished Oakley's Blue Iridium X Metal nose bridge

Agreed Rob. However if we does Mess up knowing he can get them fixed up for reasonable money he will be the first one to bemoan the fact he didnt in the 1st place.

Plus an old(ish) thread that hasn’t been updated by the OP with the finished article…….
Of course the chances of that happening are pretty good, if OP followed thru with any of his photos. Won't be the first guy to mess up a pair. Or the last. If the OP is feeling down, I didn't want to be another guy salting the wound. Lol.

Maybe after this photo something terrible happend 😢

View attachment 1005645
Metal on metal is never a good idea. Hope that was just for photos sake.

If you managed it without marking the pins and frame… Well done to you. Not something I would recommend to others though. If the pin is slightly misaligned you can easily damage the nose. But, fair play to ya 👍.

Linegear for example are too soft.after the tuneup with those they feel like they'll be back in a month.there needs to be some compression when pressing in the pins.late model frames are almost impossible to get tight again because the molds are worn out or the tabs were sanded into a round instead of a square.

Linegear for example are too soft.after the tuneup with those they feel like they'll be back in a month.there needs to be some compression when pressing in the pins.late model frames are almost impossible to get tight again because the molds are worn out or the tabs were sanded into a round instead of a square.
Oh okay, I definitely understand better now. Thank you very much for taking the time to explain /shed some light on this subject. You’re great bro, thank you so much for explaining. Have a wonderful weekend!

Have to say Fella I have used LG (Admittedly their hardest option) and never had an issue with them. They are back to Factory Spec. I have a JE Gen 1 Juliet Frame that Oakley did for the previous owner & IMHO they are too tight... 🤔

Back