• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Replace Lenses on Badman? / Hinge Tightness Question?

ochuni

Oakley Beginner
Hi everyone,

I have two Badman questions that i can't seem to find a clear cut question on the site:
  • how hard is to replace the lenses on the badman? I've seen some people post that they either scratch the frame or broke the orbitals.
  • Have you guys noticed any difference with the hinge tightness? i tried on a display model and it was really loose, i'm just worried that it will loose tension over time.
let me know - thanks

Hi everyone,

I have two Badman questions that i can't seem to find a clear cut question on the site:
  • how hard is to replace the lenses on the badman? I've seen some people post that they either scratch the frame or broke the orbitals.
  • Have you guys noticed any difference with the hinge tightness? i tried on a display model and it was really loose, i'm just worried that it will loose tension over time.
let me know - thanks
1. Lens replacement is simple. Just pop the orbital screws out and ever-so-slightly pry the orbitals apart in order to take the lenses out. Be careful though. You can't pry on them like you can an X-Metal frame, otherwise the orbitals will break. I did manage to break an orbital on one pair.

Last edited:
Do we know if big taco lenses are good donor's? I know it might seem redundant with there being replacements lenses available, but i would still like to know...

Back