• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Replace parts question

Can you explain why oem is much better then 3rd party lens? Im thinking to go for linegear lens at first. Hmm
It’s Oakley made lenses professionally cut by an optometrist. It’s 99% the same as original lenses that came with the frames and you can even get lenses that came out after they stop making lenses —ie prizm lenses.

In short why pay that much money for frames and then put cheap lenses in it.

Can you explain why oem is much better then 3rd party lens? Im thinking to go for linegear lens at first. Hmm
I despise most everything 3th party. IMO Oakley is 70% Lenses, 30% Frame.
A quality Lens from Linegear cost you about the same as a Custom cut OEM from the legend @Chris A Hardaway

Last edited:
I despise most everything 3th party. IMO Oakley is 70% Lenses, 30% Frame.
A quality Lens from Linegear cost you about the same as a Custom cut OEM from the legend @Chris A Hardaway

Oh really I dint know that, ok @Chris A Hardaway on my list. Once ready i will pm him.

L
It’s Oakley made lenses professionally cut by an optometrist. It’s 99% the same as original lenses that came with the frames and you can even get lenses that came out after they stop making lenses —ie prizm lenses.

In short why pay that much money for frames and then put cheap lenses in it.
Like the last phrase, why put cheap lens on expensive frame. You convinced me 🤣

OKOK one last one, i live in south east asia.. for shipping cost which one will be cheaper to US or EU/UK? (if you guys know) if not then its fine

Latest Posts

Back