• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Replacement/Custom Icons?

tweak4

Oakley Beginner
Forgive me if this is the wrong forum. I couldn't decide between General, Recent Purchases and DIY, since my question pertains to all three.

That said, over the weekend, I picked up a new pair of Straight Jackets with matte black frames, and so far I love them. (They're quite a bit bigger than my usual Flak Jackets, but they're comfortable). In any case, a day or two after, I decided that they would look awesome with red icons. However, I'm not sure if they can be purchased or where to get them from. I know they exist, since Oakley offers customization for Straights with red as an option. However, the local store told me that they can't sell the icons alone and didn't really seem interested in selling a full custom "kit" for glasses I already owned.

So, is there any source out there that will sell icons to fit current generation Straight Jackets? Or should I just suck it up and keep the stock ones?
thanks!

also consider getting them painted they are fairly easy to paint or get painted poss cerakoted

If they're the kind that use the double sided tape, pop them out with something thin and flat and clean them with alcohol.. Grab a red spray can and give them a quick coat. Let them dry and put them back in. Don't use super glue! You're good to go.

Any tips to spray painting icons? Use regular spray paint or automotive stuff? Should you add a clear coat? Anyone know if eyepatch 2's have icons that come out via hair dryer / tape method?

I'd really like to find a second set for experimenting with, so that I have the option of going back to the stock look down the road, but if I can ever find a spare set, I'll try painting them. Unfortunately, it looks like finding spares in any color without paying a fortune might be the hard part.

How do you guys glue the icons after changing them? Any type of glue that will allow to remove them easily after some time?

Tweak, rather than using spray paint if you're really concerned, try nail polish lol. I used it a few times on some icons and it comes off really easily with nail polish remover if you don't like it or want to change it.

Back