• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Replacement Display Lenses For R2

Tunney Prime

Oakley Expert
Brownsville, TX
I'm considering picking up some Romeo 2's with lenses that are a little beat. I wear prescriptions, so these will most likely end up being a display piece. As far as aftermarket lenses go, what brand / color matches best to Black Iridium?

If you only plan on displaying them, most 3rd party are pretty. If you plan to wear them, you're SOL - you should get custom cuts and IH can't do them for R2; don't know if xmetalmaniac can or can't; they use different methods. Qtrain23 offers some high-quality 3rd party lenses for R2 but I don't yet know the optical quality - I may be out-of-date on that, do a search...

Don't do what I did and order the Ebay brand "CXL BIN". I can't recall without looking what brand it is... but they actually offer "Polarized" with etching.. and their Romeo's even have X-Metal etched in them. I thought for display they'd be great. Not only are they entirely too thin, but their colors are waaaaay too light. Save yourself the trouble and do what Kronin suggested, or maybe Linegear as the're nice and thick and have gorgeous colors.

Back