• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Replacement Lens Trap...

Part of the problem is that replacement lenses aren't even available for some current models, let alone discontinued frames. You're just out of luck if you scratch your Jupiter Factory Lite or Pit Boss lenses (unless Dr. Chop can help). Some lens colors aren't even made available as replacement options, even though the lens is currently in production. It would be nice if there was at least some sort of on-demand system for ordering replacement lenses that aren't normally stocked.

For example, recently I wanted to grab a pair of Violet Iridium Fuel Cell lenses to customize one of the frames in my collection. You can't order Violet FC replacement lenses direct from Oakley, so I had a few options (in order of increasing cost effectiveness): A) Build an OCP FC for $140 B) Buy a Clear/Violet FC for $110 C) Buy the same pair BNIB on eBay for around $75 D) Buy a parted out Violet lens on eBay for $35. I was really tempted by option C, but went with option D in the end. All Oakley really had to do was provide an option to purchase the Violet lens as a replacement (they do have them in stock at HQ, since it's a build option for OCP), and I could have bought directly from them and avoided this whole headache. As a collector who customizes the majority of his collection, I deal with stupid stuff like this all the time :confused:

or ordering a a custom oakley; thats what they really want you to do. as it is i dont think the company cares that much as most dont even buy custom or brighter variants much less create one of a kind combos

or ordering a a custom oakley; thats what they really want you to do. as it is i dont think the company cares that much as most dont even buy custom or brighter variants much less create one of a kind combos
I agree with you on that point, but there has to be some sort of market for hard to get lens options, otherwise companies like Visionary Lenses, Linegear, etc wouldn't exist.

Part of the problem is that replacement lenses aren't even available for some current models, let alone discontinued frames. You're just out of luck if you scratch your Jupiter Factory Lite or Pit Boss lenses (unless Dr. Chop can help). Some lens colors aren't even made available as replacement options, even though the lens is currently in production. It would be nice if there was at least some sort of on-demand system for ordering replacement lenses that aren't normally stocked.

For example, recently I wanted to grab a pair of Violet Iridium Fuel Cell lenses to customize one of the frames in my collection. You can't order Violet FC replacement lenses direct from Oakley, so I had a few options (in order of increasing cost effectiveness): A) Build an OCP FC for $140 B) Buy a Clear/Violet FC for $110 C) Buy the same pair BNIB on eBay for around $75 D) Buy a parted out Violet lens on eBay for $35. I was really tempted by option C, but went with option D in the end. All Oakley really had to do was provide an option to purchase the Violet lens as a replacement (they do have them in stock at HQ, since it's a build option for OCP), and I could have bought directly from them and avoided this whole headache. As a collector who customizes the majority of his collection, I deal with stupid stuff like this all the time :confused:

In addition, if you want to buy replacement lenses for Frogskins, which still sell extremely well, you have to schlep over to an O Store as they don't sell Frogskins replacement lenses online, which really makes no sense whatsoever ...

HDO, XYZ, etc. is all well and good when the O/Lux wants to make a sale.
After sale?
Don't care.
BAD "optics"...
Pity.
Your post makes no sense.

HDO and XYZ optics are patented technologies that prove Oakley's optics are better than the competition.

Nights, you know Oakley stores carry Violet Fuel Cell lenses right? My local store has them on the OCP wall or you can purchase them outright. Also the other lenses you mentioned are available through customer service most likely. Just because you can't click buy it now on a website doesn't mean they don't exist.

Latest Posts

Back