• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Replacement Lenses for Vintage Frogskins

Wendy17

Oakley Beginner
I think I have a pair of 2nd Gen Frogskins from the late 80's early 90's They have the raised Oakley logo, plastic hinges and made in the USA. I order the replacement lenses directly from Oakley but they do not fit. Any suggestion where I can get replacement lenses for my Vintage Frogskins?
Thank you!

A
I think I have a pair of 2nd Gen Frogskins from the late 80's early 90's They have the raised Oakley logo, plastic hinges and made in the USA. I order the replacement lenses directly from Oakley but they do not fit. Any suggestion where I can get replacement lenses for my Vintage Frogskins?
Thank you!
are they the Gen1 Gen2 Frogskins, or the New Frogskins? Meaning Frogskins like the style today is gen 2, gen 1 has the metal hinge in a nylon frame that has "japan" stamped into the stem tip, or the New Frogskins, which has the grooved long thin wraparound stems?

Big differences between 2 of them actually. Most, and I say most loosely, new version (called the collectors frogskins) lenses fit the Gen1/Gen2 frames. Metal hinged frames however, have had some that new lenses don't fit in. Not sure why some do and some don't, but I have a pair here right now that they don't fit as they are loose and rattle around. New Frogskins have a gigantic lens and there are NONE that fit them without being cut. I don't even think the 3rd party companies offer any. I also have a pair of those here right now too. If it's the grooved stem version, there is only 1 set of lenses big enough, and it's barely barely big enough to work, and that's the Taco lenses. That particular version has an 8 base curve lens, not the flat 6 base or whatever the most common appearing one is. I am not exactly sure what the curve is, I think it's 6, but it's flatter than a Holbrook.

Back