• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Replacement Screws for Carbon Blade

TheHambone

Oakley Expert
Omaha, NE
Awhile back, my first pair of Carbon Blades broke. Specifically, the outer screw stud for one of the lenses broke out of the frame. With a lot of trial and error, I was able to get the stud re-attached to the frame in a position where I'm able to secure the lenses to the frame, but in the process of said trial and error and with me not having a proper work bench setup, I lost several of the screws. They're no longer under warranty, so it'd be easier for me to fix them than to try and replace them. I was able to find a replacement screw kit on eBay, but unfortunately they sold before I had a chance to buy them and that was the only listing like that that I found. Does anyone know if Oakley sells these parts directly? If need be I can contact their customer service, but I've heard that going through their CS is a nightmare these days, and that's something I'd prefer to avoid unless I know that I can get what I'm looking for from them. If that's not an option, there are plenty of hardware stores around here, but I have no idea what size screws I'd need, or even if a hardware store would sell screws that small. I know this likely isn't something that a ton of people here have experience with, but I do know that these were prone to issues, so I'm hoping that someone might have some insight into what I'll need to do.

Quick update: I should've searched a little more on the forum before I posted the thread, but just in case anyone happens to come across this in the future and has the same question: try checking with a shop that does glasses repair.

Back