• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Replacement Suggestions for Tightrope Glasses?

Silvara

Oakley Beginner
Hi all,

I've been browsing this forum for a while and finally decided to create a post and get your advice :)

I always seem to have bad luck with my Oakley's getting discontinued by the time I want to repair/replace them!

My first pair were A-wires and when they eventually broke I discovered that they were discontinued and was recommended the Tightropes by Oakley's customer service department - the ones with Black frames with Black Iridium Lens
Again these were great and I loved them - they've lasted me years, but now the lens are getting really chipped, plus the nose pads are splitting, so it's time to find a replacement but it looks like these have now been discontinued (I can't see anything like them on their website)?

So my question to you guys is do you think it would be easy to get them repaired or should I look at just replacing them? If so, can you recommend a style that's similar? I need slightly curved frames as ones that are too squared just don't suit my face...

Any advice or suggestions would be very much appreciated :cool-20:

Go on ebay and get what you like. There are lots of a frames and tightropes popping up on there.

Doowutchalike.

Thanks, I will check ebay and see what's about. Ideally, if I can't get replacement lens, I would like to get new over second hand.
Otherwise can you recommend any other models that are available that might be a similar style to the Tightropes?

Blender, or Whisker, all discontinued, but still available aftermarket.
If your frames are still viable, it's pretty easy via this site alone, to restore them.
Take a look in the Exchange section...and the requirements for it's use.
Welcome.
:hi:

Blender, or Whisker, all discontinued, but still available aftermarket.
If your frames are still viable, it's pretty easy via this site alone, to restore them.
Take a look in the Exchange section...and the requirements for it's use.
Welcome.
:hi:

That's great thanks very much - I hadn't heard of Blender so will check them out :)

My frames are still in excellent condition, so they would def still be viable for restoration. Hopefully it's not too difficult to do something like that
Thanks again

Back