• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Replacing Oakley Frogskin Lenses

laxboi135

Oakley Beginner
I am really in need of some help/advice/directions. I have about 6 pairs of Oakley Frogskins, (looking to probably buy more as well) and besides 2 of them, I have already or am planning on swapping out the factory lenses. On the first pair the I swapped, which were the antifreeze green ones, I brought them to my local Cohen's Fasion Optical. I called before going, spoke to someone and he said bring them down. I got there, the guy I spoke to took them behind the counter, swapped the lenses and I was out of there in 3 minutes. No charge.

Today I went back to Cohen's. I didn't called them because I had it done before and figured I'd do the same thing again. Got there, said they would do it, but it would cost me $15 plus tax. I turned around and walked out. While I do understand the first time I was lucky it cost me nothing, I thought $15 was a little hefty to pop some lenses out. I would be willing to pay $5, but really don't want to pay more than that.

Does anybody have any other ideas as to where I can go? I am within traveling distance of 2 Oakley stores, but would they do that or would they be a little angry that I'm throwing aftermarket lenses in their eyewear? haha

And would they charge me? Because it's going to cost me either $15 worth of gas to get to one, or $13 dollars worth of train ticket to get into the NYC Times Square store. (I live on Long Island BTW) Otherwise does anybody have any other ideas as to where I can go OR does anybody know how to do it/have directions on how to do it myself? Any help is greatly appreciated.

long story short since i realized how long my explanation was Does anybody know how to swap frogskin lenses and can give me directions or does anybody know where I can go to have them swapped for a cheap fee or free?

Real simple man. All oakley lenses just pop in and out.

Hold the frame in both hands and push from the inside of the lens out and it will pop right out. Then put the new one in from the front. You can even us your fingers to help buy kinda pulling the frame when you pop them out. Super simple and super easy. You can do that with any o-matter frame. Good luck hope that helps!

And don't be afraid!

thanks oakleyguy does it take a lot of pressure to pop them out and will to much pressure break the frames?

Ya just push with some pressure. Just push with ur thumbs and it will come out. Don't worry about breaking the frame. All omatter frames are meant to have lenses taken out and replaced. Just don't get to crazy switching then out you will stretch out the frame. If ur really worried about it go to one of the Oakley stores they will do it free and then you can see for yourself. At least that's what we do at ours

Frogtastic. YOu need to be pushing in the right spot. Definitely DON'T pay anyone to pop out lenses. Oakley lenses all pop out.

Take the glasses, hold them like you were going to put them on your face (so earstems pointing towards yourself.
Brace the frames with your hands/fingers with both thumbs on the same lens. Here's the important part, do NOT push on the center of the lens. Start at the upper corner, closest to the nose bridge. Push outwards, AWAY from you. Pop out that corner. Then keep working your way around the orbital. Then do it with the other side. To pop the lens in, place one part of the "new" lens in place and again, work your way around the orbital, ending at the corner closest to the nose bridge.

hope this helps.
D

dwcfrr74 said:
Frogtastic. YOu need to be pushing in the right spot. Definitely DON'T pay anyone to pop out lenses. Oakley lenses all pop out.

Take the glasses, hold them like you were going to put them on your face (so earstems pointing towards yourself.
Brace the frames with your hands/fingers with both thumbs on the same lens. Here's the important part, do NOT push on the center of the lens. Start at the upper corner, closest to the nose bridge. Push outwards, AWAY from you. Pop out that corner. Then keep working your way around the orbital. Then do it with the other side. To pop the lens in, place one part of the "new" lens in place and again, work your way around the orbital, ending at the corner closest to the nose bridge.

hope this helps.
D

I worked for Oakley both in the Uk and abroad. Frogs are one of the easiest lenses to replace.

Frogtastic,
My bad, I just reread my post and realized your name was in the front. I was going to ask you a question about a link to that video, but got called away and ended up typing the response without deleting your name.

My response was directed at the original poster: laxboi135

D

Back