• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Replacing the lock on this case

Cminh

Oakley Beginner
Austin
I bought a replacement lock for the bottom door on the case. But dont know how to get the existing lock out. Any recommendation? Thanks in advance!

IMG_1085 (1).JPG

IMG_1086.JPG

IMG_1095.JPG

No, I can't. When I bought the case, the lock was already punched out and the door was shut. Any advice would be great, thanks.

No, I can't. When I bought the case, the lock was already punched out and the door was shut. Any advice would be great, thanks.
I'm thinking since you're gonna take that lock off anyway.

Stick a screwdriver in there and try to turn the latch?

Then once you have it open it's easy to get the cylinder out to put the new one in.

Can you actually see the vertical piece of metal that swings upwards to lock the door? If it's there, it shouldn't be attached to anything because the locking mechanism (or the bolt) is normally screwed on to the back of the barrel of the lock. When the key turns the barrel, the bolt swings 90 degrees and unlocks the door.

IMG_6543.JPG

If the barrel is missing, then the bolt shouldn't still be there.

Can you push the screwdriver in through the hole to the hilt? If you can, it means there's no bolt keeping it locked. Sometimes the doors are a bit tight, so it may feel locked, but it's not. If this is the case, you should be able to pop a hook through the opening and pull the door open.

You're right, there were no latch in place. The door was just extremely tight. After I got the door to opened, I was able to replace the lock. I feel like a total knucklehead!! But thank you all for the help!

You're right, there were no latch in place. The door was just extremely tight. After I got the door to opened, I was able to replace the lock. I feel like a total knucklehead!! But thank you all for the help!
Just do this -----> :headbang:

Back