• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Restoration MOD

ANXIETY

Oakley Beginner
Gibraltar
Hi guys and gals, I've got an old pair of Fives...the first ones.
Out of two pairs I managed to save one so Ive got a Black frame with Jade/emerald ear pieces with bronze iridium lenses from the jade pair.
They looked awsome when I fixed them but now I've got a crack in the frame which will probably snap soon. Also the film in the inside of the lens is peeling away.
So.......Time to MOD. Iwould like to give them a bit more of life time so I'm not sure if this would work but can acetone remove the flaking film by wiping carefully as I would like to keep the iridium?
And the next question is how can I repair the crack on the frame as I would then later like to repaint in some funky scheme.

Cheers

Would you please upload some pics, so we can see what you see.

Unfourtunatley I cant upload any pics from work as my internet access is restricted and my home pc broke down a few weeks ago :mad-35:.
The crack is where the lens mounts. It isn't cracked all the way but it opens when the ear pieces are spread.
The back of the lenses is peeling as if it had some sort of skin.
I read something about fusing the crack with a soldering iron but I think thats ott. Would super glue or polystyrene cement be better?

Back