• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Retro Alert: Zero 0.6

Mikkelf

Oakley Beginner
Picked this old lady during Xmas. Cost me something like 50 $. As far as I can see it is a Zero 0.6 Carbon Fiber with Persimmon. But the picture on o-review's database shows it with an O-icon instead of the stretch logo on this one so I am not to sure. But I don't think the original Sub Zero came with persimmon though.

http://o-review.com/database_detail.asp?table_name=glasses&ID=1075

Can anybody give me more info?

They are in great condition for it's age (7/10)

4eha8a4u.jpg

epeny9yz.jpg

vatepa4u.jpg

Looks like a subzero
Whats the diff subzero<-->0.6? hmm..looks identical to me

I hope so as it was one opf my first Oakleys back in the days.

But as far as i know the 0.6 is actually more or less modelled from the original Sub Zero.

it is a 0.6.

earstems have fangs =not subzero. also notice lens shape- they are wider than subzero, and outside edge is rounded the whole way. subzero has a flat section.

the stretch text was available in the first gen Zeros... it changed to the O later on.

Thanks BriP. That was what I expected. Still a nice pair. Hope to find some of the original Sub Zero as that was one if the first models I owned +20 years ago (along with the Razor Blades).

I just recently, as in the past week, became obsessed with sub zeros and zeros..I think its for the same reasons you guys said. They represent what Oakley used to be, and maybe occasionally still is. The radical design and functionality. The full coverage is awesome on those. I literally just got 2 pair off of hearno...I'm so pumped to get them in hand. Haven't had a pair of those on in many many years. One of them I got is a bit rough and will make a nice daily idgaf pair. Grats on the pickup, the persimmon lense looks very cool!

I just recently, as in the past week, became obsessed with sub zeros and zeros..I think its for the same reasons you guys said. They represent what Oakley used to be, and maybe occasionally still is. The radical design and functionality. The full coverage is awesome on those. I literally just got 2 pair off of hearno...I'm so pumped to get them in hand. Haven't had a pair of those on in many many years. One of them I got is a bit rough and will make a nice daily idgaf pair. Grats on the pickup, the persimmon lense looks very cool!

yeah theyre abit fragile though, so daily is not ideal. maybe once a week/ weekends lol.

Back